Windows 10: We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face

Discus and support We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've seen several threads on this issue, which I'm now encountering on my new PC. Can someone help? I've spend the last hour or so trying the various... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AKayCookie, Jul 9, 2020.

1. We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face

I've seen several threads on this issue, which I'm now encountering on my new PC. Can someone help? I've spend the last hour or so trying the various recommendations to no avail. I'd just like to remove it altogether if this is no longer available.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro and my PC Info is as follows: DELL XPS 13 7390 2-in-1

We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face 9df7907d-3037-4dc2-8334-4d252f39207e?upload=true.png

:)

AKayCookie, Jul 9, 2020
  2. LucaMelfi Win User

Windows Hello Not Working,(We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face)

All of a sudden my Windows Hello has stopped working and on the lock screen it says, "sorry something went wrong, please enter PIN" and in settings it says We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. what do I do?

LucaMelfi, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Wienen Win User
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

Dear all,

When i first booted my Surface Laptop 3 the Windows setup didn't include the setup of Windows Hello Face.

After completing the setup and manually trying to configure it from the settings menu i'm prompted with the following error;

"We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face"

We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face 00c6f3a2-956a-4fdc-a28b-9624985cea55?upload=true.png

After doing some research i found the "Windows Hello Face Software Device"
    and therefor also the category "Biometric Devices" are missing withing Device Manager. Searching for new/changed devices didn't help.

I've tried updating Windows to the most recent version (1909) and installing the latest Surface Laptop 3 Drivers/Firmware (Nov release) didn't bring back this hardware. Even a factory reset from within Windows didn't fix the problem.

Finally after a lot of research and trail/error i found the solution which i wanted to share if someone else is having the same issue.

see reply so that can be marked as Answer...

Wienen, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Kaveh Z Win User

We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face

Windows Hello Not Working,(We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face)

I was able to solve my problem!

I had the same problem. Mine started after either a windows update or Norton security updating something on my computer, then my surface studio could not recognize my driver for my hello windows. So I thought I could just uninstall it and restart windows
    and it would just refresh and reinstall the driver for the camera and the biosecurity stuff but it didn't so I ended up searching the web but I eventually solved it after reading so many forms.

I followed these steps. Step one did not work for me, but step 2 did. I had to re-register my face after deleting the data due to method one:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open

Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on

OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on

Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the

WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the

Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open

File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and

HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select

Install
    4. Restart the computer.

Kaveh Z, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face

1. We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face - Similar Threads - Couldn't Find Camera

2. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face ?: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello FaceAsus laptop X515 intel core i5 license version...
  3. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit. I am having trouble trying to setup Windows Hello Face.The initial problem was that the setup proceeded all the way to the phase where it showed my face and was supposed to recognize it, but then nothing...
  4. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit. I am having trouble trying to setup Windows Hello Face.The initial problem was that the setup proceeded all the way to the phase where it showed my face and was supposed to recognize it, but then nothing...
  5. We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have a laptop from Lenovo it is IdeaPad slim 3 Amd ryzen 5 5500u . I have it for a month I couldn't able to activate windows hello feature can anyone please help me on how to enable this feature.Model - Lenovo IdeaPad slim 3 AMD RYZEN 5 5500u...
  6. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?...
  7. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?...
  8. we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face

we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face: i have vostro 3580 and hello face is unavailable in my pc.it also doesn't show any driver update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-hello/e44f4871-f27d-45bf-86a2-83aae58a1f65
  9. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Split from this thread. I have a desktop HP all in one and it cant find a camera compatible, what can i do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-windows/10c84cb2-26b1-47d7-bd6b-d94a6455e960
  10. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Windows Hello Not Working,We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face on my deviceSurface Laptop i5 I already tried this options : "Procedure 1 : 1 Open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver 2 Right-click on...