Windows 10: we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

Discus and support we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EuniceN, Oct 20, 2021.

1. EuniceN Win User

we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?

:)

EuniceN, Oct 20, 2021

2. Windows Hello

Hello,

I just got a new laptop MSI prestige 15 and I am unable to set my Windows Hello Face (fingerprint works fine). At the settings sign-in options it says that "This option is currently unavailable-click to learn more." "We couldn´t find a camera compatible
    with Windows Hello Face." My windows is up to date.

Thank you for any suggestions.

KarelVařeka, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Windows Hello

yassinechenani, Oct 20, 2021
  4. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

"Windows Hello Face"

Not all cameras are Windows Hello-compatible. Here's another thread that discusses this and provides links to a couple lists of compatible cameras:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Does your PC manufacturer claim that the camera should work with Windows Hello?

Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] on Directly, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

1. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face - Similar Threads - couldn't find camera

2. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face ?: I've been trying to set up my laptop for "Hello", so I don't have to put in a pin each time. I get two messages:1. "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello FaceAsus laptop X515 intel core i5 license version...
  3. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit. I am having trouble trying to setup Windows Hello Face.The initial problem was that the setup proceeded all the way to the phase where it showed my face and was supposed to recognize it, but then nothing...
  4. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit. I am having trouble trying to setup Windows Hello Face.The initial problem was that the setup proceeded all the way to the phase where it showed my face and was supposed to recognize it, but then nothing...
  5. We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have a laptop from Lenovo it is IdeaPad slim 3 Amd ryzen 5 5500u . I have it for a month I couldn't able to activate windows hello feature can anyone please help me on how to enable this feature.Model - Lenovo IdeaPad slim 3 AMD RYZEN 5 5500u...
  6. we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face: I have new HP Envy laptop and plan to use the window hello, but when i goto sign in option to do setting for window hello, it prompt out:we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello faceWhy?...
  7. We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face

We Couldn't Find a Camera Compatible with Windows Hello Face: I've seen several threads on this issue, which I'm now encountering on my new PC. Can someone help? I've spend the last hour or so trying the various recommendations to no avail. I'd just like to remove it altogether if this is no longer available. I'm on Windows 10 Pro...
  8. we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face

we couldn't find a camera compatible with hello face: i have vostro 3580 and hello face is unavailable in my pc.it also doesn't show any driver update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-hello/e44f4871-f27d-45bf-86a2-83aae58a1f65
  9. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Split from this thread. I have a desktop HP all in one and it cant find a camera compatible, what can i do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-a-camera-compatible-with-windows/10c84cb2-26b1-47d7-bd6b-d94a6455e960
  10. We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Windows Hello Not Working,We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face on my deviceSurface Laptop i5 I already tried this options : "Procedure 1 : 1 Open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver 2 Right-click on...