Windows 10: We couldn't finish installing updates.

Discus and support We couldn't finish installing updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my PC is running on the 1607 version of windows, and constantly gives me update prompts. The problem is, after I try and update I get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leoweisberger, Dec 19, 2020.

1. We couldn't finish installing updates.

So my PC is running on the 1607 version of windows, and constantly gives me update prompts. The problem is, after I try and update I get the error message "We couldn't finish installing updates", and my OS stays the same. I have already contacted support, and the person from support took remote access of my PC, and tried installing updates, and I had the same exact issue. I have tried almost everything I can think of. Whenever I used the update assistant, this is the error code I got back: 0xC1900101 0x20017. Is there any fix to this issue that doesn't involve a recovery, or a factory reset?

:)

leoweisberger, Dec 19, 2020
  2. abu-iyad Win User

w10 pc build 1607 cumulative update kb 4013429 was downloaded more than 10 times . the result -- couldn,t finish the installation !!! why?

no more

* Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category

* Original title: w10 pc build 1607 cumulative update kb 4013429 was downloaded more than 10 times . the result --- couldn,t finish the installation !!! why? I,m so angry.

abu-iyad, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Walo71a Win User
    Update KB4550961 couldn´t be installed

Hi! I´ve tried hard to install KB 4550961 unsuccessfully. Even run this or that in order to correct whatever the problem might be.

However, after restart it appears “Updates couldn’t be installed” on the screen. Running Scannow and Restorehealth as Administrator didn´t work either.

I´ve also gone step by step thru “Fix Windows Update errors” steps 1 to 5. I´m reluctant to follow Step 6 Reset or Reinstall Windows – Refresh is not included - because I´m afraid I might loss some stuff important, though I created
    a restoration point and a USB recovery drive, just in case.

Walo71a, Dec 19, 2020
  4. We couldn't finish installing updates.

Couldn´t install SBSH Explore Pro- installation failed after download

I couldn´t install "SBSH FExplorer Pro" from Nokia Store (cost 4,99 EUR).

Installation failed after download.

Allow all software for installation is active, Online certificate check: On,

download and install is on C:, Space on C: is over 200 MB available.

E72-1, Typ RM-530

software version 053.001, special version 053.001.231.03

Updates for this firmware version available: None.

Freeware of SBSH Explore works perfect- Pro Version installation failed.

After download I couldn´t find installation data (zip or .sisx) on C to with freeware version..

Somebody for help or any ideas?

Support speeches: German and English.

Thank you!

Support of SBSH was contacted.

scoopy---01, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

We couldn't finish installing updates.

1. We couldn't finish installing updates. - Similar Threads - couldn't finish installing

2. We couldn't finnish installing updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't finnish installing updates: Hy,I am VatshalI have windows 10 pro version 2019. I installed the windows 10 22H2 update. When I restart it, it shows a notification "We couldn't install the update. Select this message to learn more"...
  3. We couldn't finnish installing updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't finnish installing updates: Hy,I am VatshalI have windows 10 pro version 2019. I installed the windows 10 22H2 update. When I restart it, it shows a notification "We couldn't install the update. Select this message to learn more"...
  4. We couldn't install this update 0x8024601d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't install this update 0x8024601d: Keeps giving me this message trying to install 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5005101. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-install-this-update-0x8024601d/cef366df-37ff-47e0-bbe6-ba16aa8d8b5c
  5. Windows couldn't finish installing updates

Windows couldn't finish installing updates: I have Windows 10 Home and for a half a year I have been getting this "Windows couldn't finish installing the updates" error. I've tried everything. I've been constantly stopping the Windows update service and sometimes I just gave up to just see the same error once again. My...
  6. Windows couldn't finish installing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows couldn't finish installing updates: My Asus Z68 pc had an update that just refuses to run and gets stuck ina loop after the reboot. it downloads, but after reboot. a never ending loop. I have more computers, but this is the one that this update is just screwed up. I spent 4 hours today trying to fix it. I am...
  7. Windows couldn't finish installing updates.

Windows couldn't finish installing updates.: I have Windows 10 Home and for a half a year I have been getting this "Windows couldn't finish installing the updates" error. I've tried everything. I've been constantly stopping the Windows update service and sometimes I just gave up to just see the same error once again. My...
  8. Windows Couldn't Complete the Update, Undoing Changes / We Couldn't Finish Installing...

Windows Couldn't Complete the Update, Undoing Changes / We Couldn't Finish Installing...: As the title states, I've been having issues for the past several weeks trying to install the recent windows updates. My System Specifications are: System - Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 10.0, Build 18363 - System Manufacturer: Micro-Stat International Co. -...
  9. "we couldn't finish installing updates" every time

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "we couldn't finish installing updates" every time: On my HP Envy 17 running Windows 10 with 16 GB of RAM, Every time Windows 10 tries to install "Feature Update for Windows 10 Version 1909" It always errors out "Undoing changes made to your computer" pre-log-in and "we couldn't finish installing updates" after logging in....
  10. Couldn't finish installing updates

Couldn't finish installing updates: After many rounds of download/undoing changes machine shut off. Waited hour, after it restarted itself the 2nd time a View update history window popped up Two 2020 5 cumulative updates didn't install KB4552931 and KB4556799 What to do?...