Windows 10: We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057

Discus and support We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If when you attempt to install Windows 10 from USB and you encounter the […] This article We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057

WinClub, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, Feb 11, 2021
  4. We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057

Anthony Gal, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057

1. We couldn’t format the selected partition – Error 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - couldn’t format selected

2. Failed to format selected partition, Error 0x8004242d

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to format selected partition, Error 0x8004242d: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users reported that they are unable to format their Hard Drives and the error message says, “Failed to format the selected partition, Error 0x8004242d“. You could also see 0x80070057 as the accompanying error code instead. In this article, we are going...
  3. Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057: [ATTACH]When installing Windows on a computer that already houses an existing Windows copy, you […] This article Windows could not format a partition on disk – Error Code 0x80070057 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Trying to install windows 10 from windows 7, and I keep getting this error message. I'll be honest I'm not super computer savvy but if someone could explain to me in laymen's terms how to fix this I'd really appreciate it. I've included a screenshot of my disk...
  5. We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering We couldn’t create a new partition error message on your Windows computer while installing Windows 10, then the solution we will present […] This article We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup first appeared on...
  6. We couldn’t update system reserved partition”, error code 0xc1900104

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t update system reserved partition”, error code 0xc1900104: I have been trying to fix this issues for months now. The SRP is MBR partition style. I tried following the article microsoft posted, but I am stuck at takeown /d y /r /f . I am copying pasting exactly the same way with the . but I get the error in the admin command...
  7. We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows

We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows: Hi, I tried following the windows support article (for MBR) to try and resolve the above issue so that updates to 1903 could be applied. At step 10 you are instructed to backup permission to the srp drive and ensure all files are shown as successful and none are failed. When...
  8. We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows: Hi, I tried following the windows support article (for MBR) to try and resolve the above issue so that updates to 1903 could be applied. At step 10 you are instructed to backup permission to the srp drive and ensure all files are shown as successful and none are failed. When...
  9. we couldn't delete the selected partition. error 0x80070017

we couldn't delete the selected partition. error 0x80070017: I have been trying like crazy to do a clean install of windows 10 after being stuck in the blue screen loop. I finally copied all of my files off and was ready to do a clean install. I go to delete all partitions of disk 0 and I try and delete the "system" partition and I get...
  10. "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": boot - Installing Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu - Ask Ubuntu I tried asking the question over at AskUbuntu, but a user said it would be better if I asked here instead. Long story short: Windows 10 was preinstalled in my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71. I updated my...
Tags: