Windows 10: We couldnt install windows in the location you chose.

Discus and support We couldnt install windows in the location you chose. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Just a problem I am having with my laptop with installing windows 10 with my usb stick when it says where would you like to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oliviathecatlover, Jul 4, 2020.

1. We couldnt install windows in the location you chose.

Hi everyone,

Just a problem I am having with my laptop with installing windows 10 with my usb stick when it says where would you like to install windows I only have only one drive listed which is drive 0 unallocated space so I clicked it and it says windows cannot be installed on this drive but I dont have any other drives but I tried cleaning the drive with disk part and also try and create a partition with disk part but of course it dint work and I just need to fix this and I leave a picture down below so you can see what I mean any solutions apart from removing the drive because it's not a removable drive so yes that wouldn't really work

So any other solutions will be appreciated!

Many thanks

OliviaWe couldnt install windows in the location you chose. [​IMG]

:)

Oliviathecatlover, Jul 4, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose: 0x80300024

After many (I mean many) failed attempts to install 1709 over the last week, I decided to do a clean install.

Bad luck... also that failed.

Can't do a clean install - tried various times.

My last attempt was to (again) boot from USB (with 1709),
    then do : diskpart clean
    Reboot
    select drive
    format
    then [next]

"We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's moreinfo about what happened: 0x80300024"

Is there another solution rather than having to detach all the drives (many), being a complex job as the connectors are difficult to be reached. Microsoft can't expect users to detach the hardware...

We couldnt install windows in the location you chose. [​IMG]

We couldnt install windows in the location you chose. [​IMG]

the drive is a SSD

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

tfwul, Jul 4, 2020
  3. adam.a.w Win User

Hey everyone

Recently i bought a SSD and mounted it in my laptop (the dvd drive is replaced by the SSD).

After that i tried to install windows on the SSD, but when i chose the SSD i couldnt go to the next step. There was a notification :

What should i do?

Thanks.

adam.a.w, Jul 4, 2020
  4. adam.a.w Win User

We couldnt install windows in the location you chose.

Hey dave,

I still get the same message : We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose: 0x80300024

adam.a.w, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

We couldnt install windows in the location you chose.

1. We couldnt install windows in the location you chose. - Similar Threads - couldnt install location

2. We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error...: I have HP laptop that I need to wipe and rei-install Windows 11. After deleting all partitions while booting from a Windows 11 boot disc I can’t install the OS on the primary partition. It says We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media...
  3. We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error...: I have HP laptop that I need to wipe and rei-install Windows 11. After deleting all partitions while booting from a Windows 11 boot disc I can’t install the OS on the primary partition. It says We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media...
  4. We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive....: Quando tento instalar o Windows dá esse erroWe couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80300024.Quando tento criar uma partição da esse erroWe couldn't create a new partition. [Error:...
  5. We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive....

We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive....: Quando tento instalar o Windows dá esse erroWe couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80300024.Quando tento criar uma partição da esse erroWe couldn't create a new partition. [Error:...
  6. We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024: Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error...
  7. We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024: Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error...
  8. We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024

9. We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose: 0x80300024

We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose: 0x80300024: Hey everyone Recently i bought a SSD and mounted it in my laptop the dvd drive is replaced by the SSD. After that i tried to install windows on the SSD, but when i chose the SSD i couldnt go to the next step. There was a notification : We couldn't install Windows in the...
  10. We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose: 0x80300024

We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose: 0x80300024: After many (I mean many) failed attempts to install 1709 over the last week, I decided to do a clean install. Bad luck... also that failed. Can't do a clean install - tried various times. My last attempt was to (again) boot from USB (with 1709), then do : diskpart...