Windows 10: We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only?

Discus and support We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay I am confused. My HDD drive F will not allow me to install Xbox Games on it and I go to the "Where new content is saved" option and go to apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DustinS85, Jun 28, 2022.

1. DustinS85 Win User

We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only?

Okay I am confused. My HDD drive F will not allow me to install Xbox Games on it and I go to the "Where new content is saved" option and go to apps and games and choose my drive Drive F and it gives me "We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002." Now I tried to go to the other options there like where to save new documents, pictures, etc; and all the other options allowed it except the games and apps option. WHAT GIVES? The drive is formatted to NTFS and I've even ran CHKDSK to see if there is issues and it's fine. I have no clue what to do at this point, and nowhere onlin

:)

DustinS85, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Groggubus Win User

Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass

hi, Im trying to install xbox (beta) game apps to the d:\ (game installs) yet it wont let me unless its the default app directory.

i also cant change the default app directory from c:\ to d:\ idk why. attached in the error message 0x80070003.

I read here that 0x80070005 is denied access so i tried the icacl solution in command prompt, but it didnt help. any ideas?
    We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only? [​IMG]

We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it, by removing all my "d:\game_installs" and Steam_directory off the drive, formatting the drive, and then changing location of windows 10 default apps. it took about 2 hrs to move everything :S theres gotta be an easier way to manipulate microsoft apps and folders than formatting a drive?

Groggubus, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Duyenhip Win User

We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only?

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

1. We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only? - Similar Threads - couldn't set default

2. We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002 for games and apps only?: Okay I am confused. My HDD drive F will not allow me to install Xbox Games on it and I go to the "Where new content is saved" option and go to apps and games and choose my drive Drive F and it gives me "We couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002." Now I tried...
  3. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I have 3 drives: C: (system) D: (for games, apps etc.) E:(Just an extra disk for anything) I need to change my default save location to drive D: in order to install games from Xbox app, it works from C: to E:, from E: to C: but never to D: (D: is the only drive that has...
  4. Error: "We couldn't set your default save location..." Xbox Game app + windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: "We couldn't set your default save location..." Xbox Game app + windows: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.Tried:Renaming WindowsApps folderTaking full control over the WindowsApps folderRestarted into safe mode, deleted the...
  5. Fix we couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix we couldn't set default save location error code 0x80070002?: Tried using my 2tb Seagate external hdd and it gives error code 0x80070002 and says couldn't set default save location... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-we-couldnt-set-default-save-location-error/afac0277-3845-4e37-8745-ba53e640d642
  6. "We couldn't set your default save location..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "We couldn't set your default save location...": I was having problems with my computer and reinstalled windows. I then noticed I could no longer use the drive that had my Gamepass games on. "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted." Alright, guess I have to...
  7. We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location.: So I wanted to download Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe edition on a windows 10. But the game is more than 70 GB and I don't have space on my Drive C. When I tried to change the download location to Drive D I got this error:[ATTACH] What should I do? A little help would be really...
  8. Couldn’t set default save location. Error code 0x80070002

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Couldn’t set default save location. Error code 0x80070002: How do i fix this? My laptop has little to no memory do i want to use a usb or an external hard drive instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-set-default-save-location-error-code/34cf967c-1beb-48ed-a984-af97ea12742c
  9. Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error: We couldn't set your default save location.: "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. Error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it." So, installed xbox gamepass on my PC, and I have 2 drives. C is my SSD, where I have Windows 10 installed, and D is my storage drive, where I keep basically...
  10. We couldn't set you default save location. 0x8007005. Only for apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    We couldn't set you default save location. 0x8007005. Only for apps: I can change for every other thing like Maps,Documents bit when I try to change it for apps it shows error. It was earlier set to disk I want to change to....