Windows 10: we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004

Discus and support we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i am trying to switch my app saving location xbox game pass asked me to do it if i want to download games . even that i have the games on the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IceKeeper, Aug 8, 2020.

1. IceKeeper Win User

we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004

so i am trying to switch my app saving location xbox game pass asked me to do it if i want to download games . even that i have the games on the hard drive i am trying to switch too. its anexternal hard drive and when i try to do that it tell me this "we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004"

the account i am trying to do that with is the only one on the pc and i made sure its the admen acc

:)

IceKeeper, Aug 8, 2020
  2. jrockn Win User

We couldn't set your default save location

I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this operation did not complete successfully. If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it.This is an attachment of a screenshot. I hope I did this correctly this is my first time trying to post on this site.
    we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004 [​IMG]

jrockn, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Windows store - we couldn't set your default save location. error code 0x801f000f

Hi Darren,

There are options that you can try to set your default save location for your
    Windows Store games
    . We suggest that you create a new folder and name it Test inside your local disk F/: and have your
    Windows Store default save location set to that folder.

We also suggest
    creating a new local user account
    named Test on your PC and check if you will encounter the same issue on a different user profile. Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 8, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

We couldn't set your default save location

I have this same error. Trying to set the save location to d: but end up with the same error number as above. Followed your command which reported as successful but still no go.

swarfega, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. we couldn't set your default save location 0x800040004 - Similar Threads - couldn't set default

2. We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005: Hello, I would like to set the default save location for Store apps to another drive D:. When I go into Storage in Settings, I get the "Couldn't Set Default Save Location 0x80070005" error. I would like to install Forza Horizon 4 on a different hard drive because it's 91GB...
  3. "We couldn't set your default save location..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "We couldn't set your default save location...": I was having problems with my computer and reinstalled windows. I then noticed I could no longer use the drive that had my Gamepass games on. "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted." Alright, guess I have to...
  4. We couldn't set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location.: So I wanted to download Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe edition on a windows 10. But the game is more than 70 GB and I don't have space on my Drive C. When I tried to change the download location to Drive D I got this error:[ATTACH] What should I do? A little help would be really...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005: I am trying to download the new flight sim on my D drive but it keeps popping up as "We couldn't set your default save location." With the error code 0x80070005. I have tried looking around online on how to fix it and I believe I have tried everything Changing permissions,...
  6. We couldn't set your default save location.

We couldn't set your default save location.: [ATTACH] I'm able to set a new install location up for every other drive on my computer, except for this one, (E:). I've already used the security tab to give myself full control of both this drive, the WindowsApps folder and the packages folder. Why does the Xbox app...
  7. Error: We couldn't set your default save location.

Error: We couldn't set your default save location.: "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. Error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it." So, installed xbox gamepass on my PC, and I have 2 drives. C is my SSD, where I have Windows 10 installed, and D is my storage drive, where I keep basically...
  8. "We couldn't set your default save location."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "We couldn't set your default save location.": Hello, I have recently just installed Windows 10 Pro and the first thing I did was to install all the updates. Then, when I tried to install something on Microsoft store, it doesn't let me install it on my other drive D:. I realized it might help to solve it just by changing...
  9. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...