Windows 10: We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

Discus and support We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all! I have recently gotten a problem which really frustrates me. I am trying to change the default installation directory for Windows Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BL4CKMOODY, Dec 20, 2020.

1. We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

Hello all!

I have recently gotten a problem which really frustrates me.
    I am trying to change the default installation directory for Windows Store Apps and XBOX Games To download Forza Horizon 4 and Doom Eternal
    and it gives me an Error which says the following:

"We couldn't set your default save location.
    The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.
    The Error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it."

But changing the other Default installations work
    , like New documents, Music, photos, etc.

I have tried updating Windows 10 to the latest update Version 20H2, but that did not work and i reverted back to the previous build because it seemed faster and i tried changing the Security of the Drive to myself I am the owner of it and it still did not work, I have done SFC Scans and other commands using Administrator Command Prompt.

I have also tried Combining the two partitions i had into one, which before, had the same problem, and i completely wiped one of the partitions to try to fix it but it still persists.

Here's a screenshot of the Error:
    We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005 16ca68aa-4929-427c-b9f5-3973da926d24?upload=true.png

:)

BL4CKMOODY, Dec 20, 2020
  2. gnabbo Win User

Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''.

We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005 [​IMG]

it is in Dutch btw,

It redirects me to here

When i try to change it from my ssd to hdd it gives me an error code = Error 0x80070005

I found quite a lot of same posts on the internet about it. They you to give your self full permission in the packages folder. I already have that however. The help ends here from the internet and I don't know what to do now.

gnabbo, Dec 20, 2020
  3. We can't set your default save location, Error code 0x80070032

Hi TonyLee976,

Thank you for bringing this concern to us, my name is Anthony I am an Independent Advisor and a Windows 10 OS user like you.

I understand that there where concerns installing an app because of error code 0x80070032, "We can't set your default save location".

Please let us work together to find the a solution for this concern.

Let us use these troubleshooting steps bellow, many users reported that method 2 on this site resolve their issue.

Fix: 0x80070005 We couldn’t Set your Default Save Location in Windows 10

https://www.howto-connect.com/fix-0x80070005-we...

Please let me know on how I can provide further assistance TonyLee976. I would do my best to help.

Continue to be safe TonyLee976.

Best regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few reminder before we access the site: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
    Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Anthony1129, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Sidiaana Win User

We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

0x80070005 when trying to change the default save location from c:\ to e:\

Within the settings

(Settings - System - Storage - Change where new content is saved)

it will not allow me to change the default location from one harddisk (c) to another (e).

I receive error code 0x80070005

Trying to change permissions to 'everyone' on the drives does not fix the problem.

Sidiaana, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

1. We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - couldn't set default

2. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I have 3 drives: C: (system) D: (for games, apps etc.) E:(Just an extra disk for anything) I need to change my default save location to drive D: in order to install games from Xbox app, it works from C: to E:, from E: to C: but never to D: (D: is the only drive that has...
  3. Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...: SSD 1 = C: Boot driveSSD 2 = D: main drive, N: and U: alternate partitionsThe issue is that I cannot set my default Windows App save location Settings>System>Storage>Where new content is saved to my D: drive my C: is a boot drive. I am able to set the location to the N: and...
  4. Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "We couldn't set your default save location" Error 0x80070005 and "We couldn't...: SSD 1 = C: Boot driveSSD 2 = D: main drive, N: and U: alternate partitionsThe issue is that I cannot set my default Windows App save location Settings>System>Storage>Where new content is saved to my D: drive my C: is a boot drive. I am able to set the location to the N: and...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location - Error 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    We couldn't set your default save location - Error 0x80070005: I recently had to reset my main C: drive due to some issue preventing me from installing WSL. After doing so things are mostly working fine, however I'm unable to install any Xbox/Windows Store apps to any drive other than C: or to change the default destination in the system...
  6. We couldn't set your default save location error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    We couldn't set your default save location error 0x80070005: For the past few hours now I've been trying to install a game from the gamepass, and I'd like to keep all games off my windows install drive, but when I try to change my default install drive I'm met with an error code 0x80070005 I have full permissions to the folder and...
  7. We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005: Hello, I would like to set the default save location for Store apps to another drive D:. When I go into Storage in Settings, I get the "Couldn't Set Default Save Location 0x80070005" error. I would like to install Forza Horizon 4 on a different hard drive because it's 91GB...
  8. "We Couldn't Set Your Default Save Location" Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We Couldn't Set Your Default Save Location" Error 0x80070005: Hello. I got the Xbox Game Pass for PC and I want to download my games on my D: drive, which has more space than my C: and is set up for installing all my games on other programs. It says it is not set up to save games when I try to install one, so I click "Set it as your...
  9. We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn't set your default save location 0x80070005: I am trying to download the new flight sim on my D drive but it keeps popping up as "We couldn't set your default save location." With the error code 0x80070005. I have tried looking around online on how to fix it and I believe I have tried everything Changing permissions,...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I tried to install Gears 5 in my 1tb hdd and i don't want to install the game on my ssd, so trying to set up the hdd as default storage had this error...
Tags: