Windows 10: We get an error trying to activate Windows

Discus and support We get an error trying to activate Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are trying to install Windows 10 Home Pro on a new machine snd getting the message: "we couldn't verify the product key. please check your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CHinkle2, Jan 12, 2021.

1. CHinkle2 Win User

We get an error trying to activate Windows

We are trying to install Windows 10 Home Pro on a new machine snd getting the message: "we couldn't verify the product key. please check your installation media.” We dont know how to progress.

1 We built a new machine with a clean SSD

2 We got a new copy of Windows 10 home full version on a USB drive

3 we unsealed the package and took the tape off of the flash drive.

4 we put the flash drive in the USB port and turned on the PC while holding down F2.

5 we changed the BIOS to boot from the flash drive and chose the UEFI mode.

6 we saved the config and restarted. We chose 64-bit when prompted.

7 the machine loaded files and asked for the activation key, we put in the key that came in the box.

8 thats when we get the error that the product key cant be verified.

9 we went ahead and told it we dont have a product key.

10] we specified s custom install on drive 0 which was the only option available

11] the load process started. It copied windows files and said getting files ready for installation.

12 we got another error message:

The installation was canceled.

any changed made to your computer wont be saved.

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. 0x8007025D

13 we pressed Okay.

14 system returned us to the Install message and then asked for the product key again.

15 product key still not recognized.

16 once again told it we dont have a product key.

17 chose Windows 10 Home

18 accepted license,

19 selectd custom install

20 now the question to install windows offers 4 partitions,

Partition 1 recovery has 450 MB free

Partition 2 system had 90 MB

Partition 3 MSR Reserved h 16 MB free

Partition 4 Primary had 465 GB free.

21 we deleted partitions 1-3.

22 we chose the 465 partition to install on and continued.

23 we got the same error code as step 12.

:)

CHinkle2, Jan 12, 2021
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 12, 2021
  4. We get an error trying to activate Windows

Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

We get an error trying to activate Windows

1. We get an error trying to activate Windows - Similar Threads - error trying activate

2. Getting "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." error after Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." error after Windows...: I activated Windows 11 using the same hardware that I currently have in my computer. Earlier today I noticed that Windows had deactivated for some reason, stating that I had changed hardware although I have not changed anything. When I go through the troubleshooter to...
  3. Getting "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." error after Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." error after Windows...: I activated Windows 11 using the same hardware that I currently have in my computer. Earlier today I noticed that Windows had deactivated for some reason, stating that I had changed hardware although I have not changed anything. When I go through the troubleshooter to...
  4. We are getting an error while trying to update this pc from 1903 to 22h2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We are getting an error while trying to update this pc from 1903 to 22h2.: Hello, I am trying to update a pc on my network from 1903 to 22h2 through the windows update in settings. I am getting an error -- 0x80242016, which I have attached in the image. Here is a link with the logs you need to see what happened:...
  5. We are getting an error while trying to update this pc from 1903 to 22h2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We are getting an error while trying to update this pc from 1903 to 22h2.: Hello, I am trying to update a pc on my network from 1903 to 22h2 through the windows update in settings. I am getting an error -- 0x80242016, which I have attached in the image. Here is a link with the logs you need to see what happened:...
  6. We have several laptops from a company we acquired. When trying to reload Windows we get to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have several laptops from a company we acquired. When trying to reload Windows we get to...: We have several laptops from a company we acquired. When trying to reload Windows we get to a screen that wants a login from the previous companydomain. I've tried a clean install of Windows, updating the BIOS, turning off UEFI, formatting the drive, and clearing TPM. Nothing...
  7. We have several laptops from a company we acquired. When trying to reload Windows we get to...

We have several laptops from a company we acquired. When trying to reload Windows we get to...: We have several laptops from a company we acquired. When trying to reload Windows we get to a screen that wants a login from the previous companydomain. I've tried a clean install of Windows, updating the BIOS, turning off UEFI, formatting the drive, and clearing TPM. Nothing...
  8. How do we fix this error that we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect...

How do we fix this error that we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect...: How do we fix this problem that we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. make sure you are connected to your organization's network and try again. if you continue having problems with activation, contact your...
  9. can we get the activation date of Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can we get the activation date of Windows?: can we get the activation date of the Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-get-the-activation-date-of-windows/1512f716-878c-4c54-96c6-eac36ed7819b
  10. Trying to activate windows 10 and getting error code 0xC004f050

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to activate windows 10 and getting error code 0xC004f050: Trying to activate windows 10 and getting error code 0xC004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-activate-windows-10-and-getting-error/49f5f7d5-a673-4159-8559-6955908b5965