Windows 10: We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update?

Discus and support We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is File explorer so behind when it comes to music tagging? WAV files can now be tagged, FLAC files always had the ability for tags, but the basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonyChiappette, Dec 28, 2018.

1. We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update?

Why is File explorer so behind when it comes to music tagging? WAV files can now be tagged, FLAC files always had the ability for tags, but the basic usage of Windows does not allow viewing or editing these tags.

There are dozens of programs that allow tagging many kinds of music files, adding album art, etc, but having tagged all my FLAC files, most of the information is not viewable in windows explorer. If any tag data is shown, it is truncated. I guess it relies on the old ID3 V1 standard of only allowing 30 characters per tag field.

When will windows be updated to allow viewing ID3 V2 and Vorbis tags.

dbPoweramp is a great software that not only allows ripping/converting, but also integrates into the windows shell to allow viewing and editing FLAC tags, as well as adding album art. But again, by default, Windows explorer truncates the data, if it is even viewable.

None of the years show on my FLAC tracks because the year is tagged as YYYY-MM-DD (2005-01-01 for the year 2005). Most of my files have been tagged this way and thus the year does not show. On the handful of files that only contain the 4 digit year in the YEAR tag, these years show in File Explorer.

I can't be the only one who wants windows updated to handle music files correctly.

:)

AnthonyChiappette, Dec 28, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    Creators update hanging

I'm also on Creators and have zero issues, but the update does reset several things even within applications. Examples: had to set my audio in/out ports again, removed audio devices were back in the list.

When you update again, check for hardware acceleration in the browser(s). There's a good chance it'll be turned off as Creators does seem to touch on all devices on the PC.

Other than that, I also did experience a few slowdowns shortly after updating. Its W10 doing its business 'while you're idle' except it doesn't always stop when you're not idle anymore *Big Grin We had a creator's update.  Will we ever get a Music Lover's update? :D I recognize that behaviour from when I had just installed W10 (or actually upgraded from 7 > 10). After a few days, it was gone.

Vayra86, Dec 28, 2018
  4. OSdevr Win User

We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update?

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update?

1. We had a creator's update. Will we ever get a Music Lover's update? - Similar Threads - creator's update ever

2. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  3. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  4. How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?: I just went through three days of hell trying to undo your update to Windows 10. When I first turned it on, it took 40 minutes to boot up. So, I thought maybe it was just the update. The last update kept it from booting for 46 hours. Now it's still 38 minutes to boot, and...
  5. How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?: I just went through three days of hell trying to undo your update to Windows 10. When I first turned it on, it took 40 minutes to boot up. So, I thought maybe it was just the update. The last update kept it from booting for 46 hours. Now it's still 38 minutes to boot, and...
  6. How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. We couldn't complete the updates.

We couldn't complete the updates.: So every time i start my pc i got the message "we couldn't complete the updates", i managed to enter safe mode, what do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates/fd6ceaf8-d01a-40be-8f03-7fd0601176f6
  8. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  9. Why are we getting this Windows Autopilot update?

Why are we getting this Windows Autopilot update?: Windows Update has just release a "KB4523786 Cumulative update for Autopilot in Windows 10 v1903". Both Windows Pro and Windows Home systems are getting this. WHY? According to the release notes, we should not be getting this. My system has no such product or feature...
  10. We have an update for you

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We have an update for you: I have a blue box appear on my desktop that says "We have an update fo you" then the choices "Update", "Pick a time", "Snooze". There is no indication it is a real Windows message. Everything on the desktop is locked out. If I do Control/Alt/Del, and launch Task Manager, it...