Windows 10: We have an update ready for you

Discus and support We have an update ready for you in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A big green box. No Microsoft logo. Is this a virus or is it from Microsoft. Doesn't sound professional. Can't do a screen print or access my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by otuatail, Oct 10, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

We have an update ready for you

A big green box. No Microsoft logo. Is this a virus or is it from Microsoft. Doesn't sound professional. Can't do a screen print or access my computer.

:)

otuatail, Oct 10, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 10, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond We have an  update ready for you :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 10, 2018
  4. We have an update ready for you

IE7 Is Coming This Month...Are you Ready?

The final release of IE7 will be released this month. A few weeks after it will be put available for download it will be added to the list of automatic updates.
    Improvements over IE6 can be found in layout and security while keeping compatibility. Webmasters will still have to check their sites for compatibility as problems may occur. Steps to ensure compatibility can be found here.
    Of course you won't be forced to upgrade, if you don't want IE7 you can simply remove it from the automatic updates list and update it when you are ready.

Source: MSDN

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

We have an update ready for you

1. We have an update ready for you - Similar Threads - update ready

2. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  3. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  4. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update: Installed updates and restarted the machine as indicated on the update screen. Blue "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer" screen appeared and circle indicator that the machine is doing something is moving, but nothing is happening and it's been an hour. Is it...
  6. Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update

Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update: Installed updates and restarted the machine as indicated on the update screen. Blue "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer" screen appeared and circle indicator that the machine is doing something is moving, but nothing is happening and it's been an hour. Is it...
  7. Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly.": Whenever I attempt to open Settings it says "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly." and of course, waiting has done nothing.I am on Windows 11 on the latest preview. This happened after I last updated this computer. It seems it is only on my main...
  9. "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly."

"We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly.": Whenever I attempt to open Settings it says "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly." and of course, waiting has done nothing.I am on Windows 11 on the latest preview. This happened after I last updated this computer. It seems it is only on my main...
  10. Is there a way to get windows to send me an email, once a windows update is ready?

Is there a way to get windows to send me an email, once a windows update is ready?: I want to receive an email everytime my pc is ready to install a windows update or ready to restart for an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-get-windows-to-send-me-an-email/da1bfd2f-1a47-48ef-a618-85ad0c4b9c36