Windows 10: We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked...

Discus and support We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever we have not been on the system for some time, and then go back to it to do something, we find the system to be "dead". By that, I mean you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TemporaryUser0101, Dec 21, 2020.

1. We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked...

Whenever we have not been on the system for some time, and then go back to it to do something, we find the system

to be "dead". By that, I mean you cannot do anything for close to five minutes. I have gone to opening Task Manager to

see what is going on, if possible and every time, I find WMI Provider Host at around 70% +/- of CPU. Until we went to

the fiber system, I have never seen WMI unless it was near the bottom of the listing which I never pay any attention to anything that low.

IS this because of the fiber system, or ironically, did something go haywire just as went to the fiber system?

Next question: What do I do fo fix this issue?

:)

TemporaryUser0101, Dec 21, 2020

2. How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

I don't think you need to put fiber **in** your house. The fiber is outside.

The ISP will install a fiber-to-cable box (Google fiber calls it the "fiber jack") in your home. That connects to the modem/router over conventional Ethernet cable.

We got Google fiber two years ago. All I had to do was click to order and click to pay.

The outside installer put a box on the back of the house for the fiber junction.

The inside installer put the fiber jack inside, installed the router in a closet (Google calls it the "network box"), installed a "cable box" at each TV, programmed the Google TV remotes, connected two LAN-side cables for the wired computers ... and done.

With four Google cable TV boxes plus the "network box" ... we have five wifi access points in the house.

I provided no equipment of any kind.

What does your provider offer?

margrave55, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked... [​IMG]

We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked... [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Dec 21, 2020
  4. We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked...

How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

Excluding the nighthawk line of netgear routers mainly for the pricing, what brand of gaming routers do you or anyone here recommend for fiber optic internet; I took a look at some asus ones, but if there's others at a slightly lower price but still performs just as good for fiber optic internet, that'd be mighty appreciated

BrokenDaily, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked...

1. We just recently had a fiber optic system installed at our home which the CPU is now hooked... - Similar Threads - recently fiber optic

2. Locked Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-optic-fiber-cables-naif-batarfis-stc-modem/f47115a7-fe25-4c45-ae59-d4f571eac28b
  3. Disconnected Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnected Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem: Bader Batarfi Pull and down Disconnected Optical Fiber Cable Naif Batarfi's STC Modem and Tissue Water Optical Fiber Cable Naif Batarfi's STC Modem No Disconnected Optical Fiber Cable...
  4. Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow: Hey all, my pc is abysmally slow (18mbps down/ 0 mbps up).. everything was great, but today I switched to fiber with ATT for faster speeds.. is there something in Windows 10 that is a setting where it throttles/bottlenecks the internet speed? I don’t know what would have set...
  5. just had an update Saturday may 2 now system Will not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    just had an update Saturday may 2 now system Will not start: I have a error message of KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-had-an-update-saturday-may-2-now-system-will/8950ad65-c7d1-4219-9531-a9f0249e8fbb
  6. Just Got My Fiber Optic Installed! WOW!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Just Got My Fiber Optic Installed! WOW!!: I have always had mediocre net access. Download speeds of maybe 70 mbps and uploads of.. Pathetic... 25 mbps. So I forked out the bucks for Fiber Optic. The package I chose was the 300 X 300. O! And just for signing up thy gave me a "Samsung 55 Inch 4K TV." *Wink My main...
  7. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  8. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  9. How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet: My computer and my brother's run Windows 10 Pro and my father's computer is running Windows 8.1 Pro (both 64-Bit) My family has been using a wireless internet plan for a LONG time, but with our block now wired for fiber optic, and the line extended to our house, the only...
  10. I can not install the game which i had just buyed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install the game which i had just buyed: I have bought the game Shadow of the Tomb Raider from the Microsoft Store and i can not install it.What i can do?This is what is showing when i push to install it: Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft...