Windows 10: We need a way to display full file path in windows folder

Discus and support We need a way to display full file path in windows folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We need a way to display the full file path in the windows folder **** was that changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hao S, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Hao S Win User

We need a way to display full file path in windows folder

We need a way to display the full file path in the windows folder **** was that changed.

:)

Hao S, Feb 29, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Feb 29, 2020
  3. File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 10.

Hi,

The path mentioned in the above description “c:\users\john\downloads” is similar to “Downloads” located under
    Quick access in File explorer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you say “You could paste that path into whatever application”, which application are you referring to?
    • Is the content displayed in “c:\users\john\downloads” file path similar to “Downloads” located under
      Quick access in File explorer?

It is by design that files and folders saved in any of the system folders in
    Users will reflect under same folder in File explorer’s Quick access. Check if the content displayed in “c:\users\john\downloads” file path is similar to “Downloads” located
    under Quick access in File explorer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of file or folder path displaying completely to copy or paste on an application in the same post for further assistance. Your
    reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 29, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. We need a way to display full file path in windows folder - Similar Threads - need display full

2. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  3. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  4. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ny way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ny way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?: Hi I noticed that File Explorer doesn't show the full path in the title bar (after I enabled this) for certain folders such as Documents, Downloads...that you select in the navigation pane. It shows fine if I navigate to the same folder though. Any way to show the path for...
  6. Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?: Hi I noticed that File Explorer doesn't show the full path in the title bar (after I enabled this) for certain folders such as Documents, Downloads...that you select in the navigation pane. It shows fine if I navigate to the same folder though. Any way to show the path for...
  7. How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer: There is a tutoral on this issue, but it doesn't solve the central problem, which is, where is the folder? I mean, which drive is it on? The image shown in the tutoral gives the file path as beginning with "This PC". But WHERE on this PC? My PC has several drives, and...
  8. How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?: Hi All, Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How? I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits....
  9. Display full path for special folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Display full path for special folders: Hi, I recently migrated to Win10 Home Edition x64 from Win7. One thing that is absolutely maddening to me is the inability of seeing the full path in the navigation bar for special folders like "Downloads", "Desktop", "Images" and many more where just their names are...
  10. Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to display either the name or full path of the current open folder in the title bar of File...