Windows 10: We need to extract the DNS settings

Discus and support We need to extract the DNS settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have around 200 client computers. We have an excel sheet of these computers host name. Please let me know any command or script with which we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smeadmin, Feb 24, 2021.

1. smeadmin Win User

We need to extract the DNS settings

We have around 200 client computers.

We have an excel sheet of these computers host name.

Please let me know any command or script with which we can extract the DNS ip addresses configured on these computers to a csv file. Please move to the appropriate forum if this is not the one, I am posting here.

:)

smeadmin, Feb 24, 2021
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Feb 24, 2021
  4. We need to extract the DNS settings

DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

We need to extract the DNS settings

1. We need to extract the DNS settings - Similar Threads - need extract DNS

2. Disable editing DNS settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable editing DNS settings: Hello,Is there any way to grey-out disable this button? in other words, disabling DNS editing.I need it to prevent trespassing the family filter.Screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-editing-dns-settings/a8adbedc-f6b9-4fd8-9440-76f5d0bb1d74
  3. Disable editing DNS settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable editing DNS settings: Hello,Is there any way to grey-out disable this button? in other words, disabling DNS editing.I need it to prevent trespassing the family filter.Screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-editing-dns-settings/a8adbedc-f6b9-4fd8-9440-76f5d0bb1d74
  4. How can we extract startup UWP applications information?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can we extract startup UWP applications information?: I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However, UWP apps which are enabled to run at startup, are not found in RegEdit at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" or any other...
  5. DNS settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS settings?: All of a sudden, I'm having problems with my wifi dropping. It's not the router. The all of of this stops for days and then starts again. When I run the MS diagnostics it tells me to check my DNS serttings, etc. When i use search, it is periodicaly telling me ethat...
  6. DNS Settings

DNS Settings: Hello I was looking for different ways to help speed up my slow ADSL connection. I learned that changing your DNS settings to use a different provider is something that you could actually do for free So I did a search in google for the fastest DNS servers in Australia and I...
  7. Networking: DNS Setting changes

Networking: DNS Setting changes: Hello, I have come across something frustrating. Each time I turn on my computer the DNS setting in the "Internet Protocol version 4" changes from (Obtain DNS Server address automatically) to a preferred DNS server, this causes my computer not to have internet so I have...
  8. A DNS setting for each SSID

A DNS setting for each SSID: I need to assign different IP settings to different wireless networks. More specifically, I want to assign specific DNS servers to different SSIDs. One of the networks I connect to regularly is a work network, and the network is giving specific DNS servers that are not...
  9. Cant change DNS settings

Cant change DNS settings: Trying to add a new DNS IP address. Go to the adapter, go to the IPV4 properties and advanced and add the new DNS IP address. Every thing is fine until I close the adaptor window and it pops up an error "an unexpected condition occurred, not all of your requested changes in...
  10. We need a leak!

in Windows 10 Support
    We need a leak!: As in a leaked alpha build or something? It must be "by penalty of firing squad" at Microsoft for anybody that leaks anything about Windows 9? I wonder how far they really are in the development stage? 1594