Windows 10: We need to fix your account bug

Discus and support We need to fix your account bug in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Within the past month I keep getting notifications from windows about needing to fix one of my accounts. It is the Microsoft account I am signed into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aamirusmandus, Feb 5, 2021.

1. We need to fix your account bug

Within the past month I keep getting notifications from windows about needing to fix one of my accounts. It is the Microsoft account I am signed into windows with. I click the notification and it shows the Microsoft account is the problem and tells me that they need to verify my identity. I only have to enter my windows hello pin and bam it says all accounts are working fine again.

This used to only happen after I changed my password but now is just repeatedly happening. The only thing that has changed on my end that might be the issue is I have been using VPNs a bit. Is it that Microsoft is demanding verification because it thinks the IP or locations are some hacker stealing my account? If that is the case, is there something I can do to make my PC itself trusted regardless of it's IP?

I am on windows 10. I have had the pc for several years. Issue only started happening randomly in about the past month.

:)

aamirusmandus, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 5, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

We need to fix your account bug

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

We need to fix your account bug

1. We need to fix your account bug - Similar Threads - need fix account

2. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  3. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  4. We need to fix your account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We need to fix your account: Myself, along with many others have long been plagued by this problem. 'We need to fix your Microsoft account'. There have been many suggestions for this, some seem to work, some don't. Surely this is a Microsoft problem so can they please 'fix' it....
  5. "We need to fix your Microsoft account"?

"We need to fix your Microsoft account"?: Every time I have been logged out like a router reset, I get this passive-aggressive "We need to fix your Microsoft account" message, every time I restart. I want that pestering to stop. And yes, I have long snce disabled "shared experienced" and such. It simply happens...
  6. What Is The Status Of Getting The "We Need To Fix Your Account" Message Fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Is The Status Of Getting The "We Need To Fix Your Account" Message Fixed: I along with many other users are getting so sick and tired of getting that aggravating and annoying push notification that something is wrong with our accounts and it needs to be fixed. You click on the message and every time it takes you to that needless "Shared...
  7. Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account": Dear Microsoft, Please fix the notification error "We need to fix your Microsoft account". I have done all I can based on previous posts & advice, and it ultimately those have not worked. Despite disabling "shared experience" thing, skype, etc, the only other thing is the...
  8. We need to fix your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We need to fix your Microsoft Account: I have the following message come up on a day-day basis and the Microsoft Help desk or engineers seem unable to cure it. Can anyone help? Message reads "We need to fix your Microsoft Account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix in shared experiences...
  9. we need to fix your account - settings out of date?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    we need to fix your account - settings out of date?: Hello, Following a recent MS update, I am being bombarded with 'we need to fix your account – most likely your password has changed' messages apparently because they are - ‘out of date'. Firstly ‘we’ being Microsoft have done nothing to fix this problem. I have fixed it....
  10. We need to fix your [non-extant] Microsoft account

We need to fix your [non-extant] Microsoft account: The following notification pops up every time I log in: "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." When I click on the link, a defunct account appears. This account was deleted so...