Windows 10: We need to fix your account

Discus and support We need to fix your account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Myself, along with many others have long been plagued by this problem. 'We need to fix your Microsoft account'. There have been many suggestions for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Counterman, Aug 18, 2021.

1. We need to fix your account

Myself, along with many others have long been plagued by this problem. 'We need to fix your Microsoft account'. There have been many suggestions for this, some seem to work, some don't. Surely this is a Microsoft problem so can they please 'fix' it.

:)

Counterman, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 18, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

We need to fix your account

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

We need to fix your account

1. We need to fix your account - Similar Threads - need fix account

2. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  3. we need to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we need to fix your Microsoft account: I used to get this notification on Windows 10 - We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely you password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings. - It used to get fixed by entering my pin to the "fix now" button, and would only recur on a reboot.I...
  4. We need to fix your account bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    We need to fix your account bug: Within the past month I keep getting notifications from windows about needing to fix one of my accounts. It is the Microsoft account I am signed into windows with. I click the notification and it shows the Microsoft account is the problem and tells me that they need to...
  5. "We need to fix your Microsoft account"?

"We need to fix your Microsoft account"?: Every time I have been logged out like a router reset, I get this passive-aggressive "We need to fix your Microsoft account" message, every time I restart. I want that pestering to stop. And yes, I have long snce disabled "shared experienced" and such. It simply happens...
  6. What Is The Status Of Getting The "We Need To Fix Your Account" Message Fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Is The Status Of Getting The "We Need To Fix Your Account" Message Fixed: I along with many other users are getting so sick and tired of getting that aggravating and annoying push notification that something is wrong with our accounts and it needs to be fixed. You click on the message and every time it takes you to that needless "Shared...
  7. Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account"

Please fix "We need to fix your Microsoft account": Dear Microsoft, Please fix the notification error "We need to fix your Microsoft account". I have done all I can based on previous posts & advice, and it ultimately those have not worked. Despite disabling "shared experience" thing, skype, etc, the only other thing is the...
  8. We need to fix your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We need to fix your Microsoft Account: I have the following message come up on a day-day basis and the Microsoft Help desk or engineers seem unable to cure it. Can anyone help? Message reads "We need to fix your Microsoft Account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix in shared experiences...
  9. we need to fix your account - settings out of date?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    we need to fix your account - settings out of date?: Hello, Following a recent MS update, I am being bombarded with 'we need to fix your account – most likely your password has changed' messages apparently because they are - ‘out of date'. Firstly ‘we’ being Microsoft have done nothing to fix this problem. I have fixed it....
  10. We need to fix your [non-extant] Microsoft account

We need to fix your [non-extant] Microsoft account: The following notification pops up every time I log in: "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." When I click on the link, a defunct account appears. This account was deleted so...