Windows 10: We need to verify your identity

Discus and support We need to verify your identity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using windows 10 for the past couple of years. Then one time I had to change my email registered to my Microsoft account. Hence, I deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nahom_, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Nahom_ Win User

We need to verify your identity

I've been using windows 10 for the past couple of years. Then one time I had to change my email registered to my Microsoft account. Hence, I deleted the Microsoft account associated with that email and created a new Microsoft account. It all went fine until someday I got a notification telling me to verify my identity. Then I went to Settings>Accounts>Your info where I got the message initially from. It said "You need to verify your identity." And below it was a "verify" button. Then when I clicked to verify, I got the email I had before. NOT the email I am using now. And since I don't have access to the previous email no more, it's impossible for me to verify. So, If there is anyway possible for me to remove my old email from my computer, that would be awesome. We need to verify your identity 52197b44-70e1-4843-9235-db01e674f9e7?upload=true.jpg

:)

Nahom_, Apr 6, 2021

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Apr 6, 2021
  3. WWilliams Win User
    identity will not verify

my identity will not verify in my info

WWilliams, Apr 6, 2021
  4. We need to verify your identity

Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

We need to verify your identity

1. We need to verify your identity - Similar Threads - need verify identity

2. verify your identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verify your identity: Hello, when i start outlook app on windows i get the "you need to verify your identity" popping up and i always press use a method not listed here to type in my password instead, beacuse i dont remember my pincode but when ever i press use a method not listed here the window...
  3. you need to verify your identity

you need to verify your identity: Hello i keep getting the message that i need to verify my identity on microsoft account, i always press "use another method" instead of pin beacuse i dont know my pin, the window just stays white, does so i cant type in the password, same thing when i go to reset my pin so i...
  4. you need to verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    you need to verify your identity: Hello i keep getting the message that i need to verify my identity on microsoft account, i always press "use another method" instead of pin beacuse i dont know my pin, the window just stays white, does so i cant type in the password, same thing when i go to reset my pin so i...
  5. you need to verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. We need to verify your Identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need to verify your Identity: I am locked out of my microsoft account. I keep getting this screen asking me to verify my identity. However I am not receiving the code being sent to my phone. I have gotten the codes in the past without issue. I have no way to unlock the account the automated support keeps...
  7. We need to verify your Identity

We need to verify your Identity: I am locked out of my microsoft account. I keep getting this screen asking me to verify my identity. However I am not receiving the code being sent to my phone. I have gotten the codes in the past without issue. I have no way to unlock the account the automated support keeps...
  8. "We need to verify your identity" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We need to verify your identity" not working: Hello, I am trying to access an my older microsoft account to use on my xbox 360. When i try to login it says locked due to too many password attempts so i tried the verification steps by having a code sent to my email/phone number but both options give me "There's a...
  9. "We need to verify your identity" not working

"We need to verify your identity" not working: Hello, I am trying to access an my older microsoft account to use on my xbox 360. When i try to login it says locked due to too many password attempts so i tried the verification steps by having a code sent to my email/phone number but both options give me "There's a...
  10. "Verify your identity"

"Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....