Windows 10: We need to verify your pin number. and app

Discus and support We need to verify your pin number. and app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm so sick and tired of fighting off these scammers! I promise that if I could find out who or where they are I would pay to go there and smash their... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by seaboyd, Jul 6, 2019.

1. seaboyd Win User

We need to verify your pin number. and app

I'm so sick and tired of fighting off these scammers! I promise that if I could find out who or where they are I would pay to go there and smash their heads in! I just finished doing a Windows 10 reinstall without losing my settings and programs a day and half ago. This morning when I turned on the machine I got this pop-up shortly after everything had rebooted. It said that we need to verify your log-in pin number. Since I have been in the repair mode for a couple days I immediately typed in the 4 digit number. The pop up had the MS logo and appeared quite authentic. I have been around computers since '77 so I know a little bit about what I am doing. However, this pop up came at the right timing and without thinking I typed it in. Then another window popped up and asked for my password. Immediately, bells and whistles went off and I noticed that these pop ups occurred after my Outlook and Chrome had loaded up. Further, the pop up had an X in upper right corner. That told me this is not Microsoft? I X'd out and changed my pin immediately...so no harm no foul.

I believe this is a scam and I wanted to confirm that theory with others in this Forum? I appreciate your response. Thanks.

:)

seaboyd, Jul 6, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jul 6, 2019
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. We need to verify your pin number. and app - Similar Threads - need verify pin

2. We need to verify your Identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need to verify your Identity: I am locked out of my microsoft account. I keep getting this screen asking me to verify my identity. However I am not receiving the code being sent to my phone. I have gotten the codes in the past without issue. I have no way to unlock the account the automated support keeps...
  3. We need to verify your Identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We need to verify your Identity: I am locked out of my microsoft account. I keep getting this screen asking me to verify my identity. However I am not receiving the code being sent to my phone. I have gotten the codes in the past without issue. I have no way to unlock the account the automated support keeps...
  4. "We need to verify your identity" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We need to verify your identity" not working: Hello, I am trying to access an my older microsoft account to use on my xbox 360. When i try to login it says locked due to too many password attempts so i tried the verification steps by having a code sent to my email/phone number but both options give me "There's a...
  5. "We need to verify your identity" not working

"We need to verify your identity" not working: Hello, I am trying to access an my older microsoft account to use on my xbox 360. When i try to login it says locked due to too many password attempts so i tried the verification steps by having a code sent to my email/phone number but both options give me "There's a...
  6. We need to verify your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need to verify your pin: We need to verify your pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-need-to-verify-your-pin/e37c1df0-2cc7-4fef-bd93-76b358cd8978
  7. We need to verify your pin

We need to verify your pin: We need to verify your pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-need-to-verify-your-pin/e37c1df0-2cc7-4fef-bd93-76b358cd8978
  8. windows "we need to verify it's you"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows "we need to verify it's you": i got this popup asking for my pin on two different computers that i use. on one computer i was surfing the web i think and the other i was watching a video. this happened at two different times. i hit cancel both times and everything continued as normal with no consequences,...
  9. We need to verify your identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    We need to verify your identity: I've been using windows 10 for the past couple of years. Then one time I had to change my email registered to my Microsoft account. Hence, I deleted the Microsoft account associated with that email and created a new Microsoft account. It all went fine until someday I got a...
  10. Need PIN number.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need PIN number.: Need PIN number. Can not open Windows with out it. I have forgot the number and can not fine it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-pin-number/f1e355e2-047e-4915-8a73-5e92b882eaed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we need to verify your identity for windows hello