Windows 10: We need to verify your pin number. and app

Discus and support We need to verify your pin number. and app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm so sick and tired of fighting off these scammers! I promise that if I could find out who or where they are I would pay to go there and smash their... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by seaboyd, Jul 6, 2019.

1. seaboyd Win User

We need to verify your pin number. and app

I'm so sick and tired of fighting off these scammers! I promise that if I could find out who or where they are I would pay to go there and smash their heads in! I just finished doing a Windows 10 reinstall without losing my settings and programs a day and half ago. This morning when I turned on the machine I got this pop-up shortly after everything had rebooted. It said that we need to verify your log-in pin number. Since I have been in the repair mode for a couple days I immediately typed in the 4 digit number. The pop up had the MS logo and appeared quite authentic. I have been around computers since '77 so I know a little bit about what I am doing. However, this pop up came at the right timing and without thinking I typed it in. Then another window popped up and asked for my password. Immediately, bells and whistles went off and I noticed that these pop ups occurred after my Outlook and Chrome had loaded up. Further, the pop up had an X in upper right corner. That told me this is not Microsoft? I X'd out and changed my pin immediately...so no harm no foul.

I believe this is a scam and I wanted to confirm that theory with others in this Forum? I appreciate your response. Thanks.

:)

seaboyd, Jul 6, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jul 6, 2019
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. We need to verify your pin number. and app - Similar Threads - need verify pin

2. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify your identity: i bought a new lenovo ideapad laptop today and went to sign in to microsoft. I couldnt remember my password so it is asking to verify my identity. So i gave entered in my email and sent code about 10 times. I am not recieving an email. So then i decided to do it on my phone...
  3. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  4. Pin number issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin number issue.: Hi all, I have bought a new computer with Win 10 already installed. When I turn off the computer and then turn it back on, the computer will not let me log in with my pin number. It says something about the pin number being disabled. I can log in using my...
  5. New PIN Number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New PIN Number: How do I establish a new PIN number. Microsoft says to go to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options but I cannot locate where this is. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pin-number/1672b42f-367a-47c6-a5b3-85deaba04f42"
  6. Need PIN number.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need PIN number.: Need PIN number. Can not open Windows with out it. I have forgot the number and can not fine it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-pin-number/f1e355e2-047e-4915-8a73-5e92b882eaed
  7. passwords and pin numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462
  8. Windows 10 Pin will not verify

Windows 10 Pin will not verify: I have had this computer about 16 months and have always used the same pin to signon. This afternoon, the system, an HP Envy, rejects my pin! I tried to change it in System>Settings; however, it keeps telling ,e that "Something went wrong. Please try again later". I am...
  9. PIN NUMBERS

PIN NUMBERS: Please advise me how to disable my PIN number so I can enter my computer without it. I use Windows 10. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/pin-numbers/898053ad-1947-4f52-9312-13bb5b23cbfe
  10. Pin number

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin number: Hi folks, Please, can anyone tell me if it is possible to do away with the need to enter a pin number each time I go to my pc. Many thanks. 36420