Windows 10: We should ban automatic windows update forever.

Discus and support We should ban automatic windows update forever. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been using this OS for many years. Recently, I've been trying to put up with it's automatic windows update. But it happen yet again and mess up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by citrasari, Oct 24, 2021.

1. citrasari Win User

We should ban automatic windows update forever.

I've been using this OS for many years. Recently, I've been trying to put up with it's automatic windows update. But it happen yet again and mess up with my used-to-be-perfectly-configured apps. Do i have to do some kind of repair everytime it update. I need a device that works, not seemingly attractive and update device which is not working. Even more annoying, now i cannot do my favorite forever-delay windows update after a certain condition have been met. Seriously, just ban it, or give us option to not update at all, please. I especially create this account just to badmouth this update, ho

:)

citrasari, Oct 24, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 24, 2021
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 24, 2021
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile We should ban automatic windows update forever. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. We should ban automatic windows update forever. - Similar Threads - should ban automatic

2. We should ban automatic windows update forever.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We should ban automatic windows update forever.: I've been using this OS for many years. Recently, I've been trying to put up with it's automatic windows update. But it happen yet again and mess up with my used-to-be-perfectly-configured apps. Do i have to do some kind of repair everytime it update. I need a device that...
  3. We should ban automatic windows update forever.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We should ban automatic windows update forever.: I've been using this OS for many years. Recently, I've been trying to put up with it's automatic windows update. But it happen yet again and mess up with my used-to-be-perfectly-configured apps. Do i have to do some kind of repair everytime it update. I need a device that...
  4. Ban

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ban: Hey , i have been playing minecraft for 9 years now , i downloaded windows 10 edition to play with friends cross-platform as my device is windows 10 , i came back today to play it with my friends after a while and it said i have been banned , i have never played a server on...
  5. ban for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ban for no reason: i have been ban for a week for no reason and so can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ban-for-no-reason/2f7e7ce1-2ca4-4c36-b072-05a1a54abf10
  6. updating forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updating forever: i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready submitted by /u/Aleccul69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7qo0y/updating_forever/
  7. Should we disable Autorun? Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should we disable Autorun? Windows 10: I've just been ploughing through lots of technical articles. They're all written by acknowledged industry experts e.g. Bleepin' Gumshoe, the Global Moderator of Bleeping Computer but there's one area where there appears to be conflict: Autorun. Some say we should disable...
  8. There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.: I'm tired of the "automatic restart" for Windows updates. It always happens when I'm not available to save my work. There should never be an "automatic restart". If Windows wants to update, the restart should have to wait until I'm actually able to deal with it....
  9. Can we or should we delay October 17th Fall Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can we or should we delay October 17th Fall Update?: Well, I guess I am afraid of getting updates as soon as they are offered. So, can we delay this Fall update now scheduled for 17 October? 93371
  10. Windows Start Search "We are getting search ready" Forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Search "We are getting search ready" Forever: When I open up the start menu it shows "We are getting search ready" forever. Worked until when I started my computer up today. I have attached a screenshot of this. 22196