Windows 10: We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it

Discus and support We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25115 to the Dev Channel. It introduced a new feature called Suggested Actions. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 12, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it

Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25115 to the Dev Channel. It introduced a new feature called Suggested Actions.

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it We-take-a-closer-look-at-Suggested-Actions-in-Windows-11.jpg

Microsoft showcased it with two screenshots. We take a closer look at it to see how it works.

How to use Suggested Actions in Windows 11

Open any app and highlight text that contains a phone number, or a date or time. Use Ctrl + C, or the right-click menu to copy the selected text to the clipboard. A tool-tip should pop up with a lightning bolt icon, this is the Suggested Actions bar. Microsoft describes it as an "inline light dismissible UI". The bar displays options that correspond to the content in the clipboard.

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it Suggested-Actions-phone-number-demo.gif

If you copied a phone number, Suggested Actions will show two buttons: Phone Link (formerly Your Phone) and Microsoft Edge. E.g. If you're on a customer support page on your browser, select the phone number, click on the Phone Link button. Windows 11 will open the app to dial the number via your connected phone. Selecting the Edge button simply opens the browser, it doesn't perform a web search for the number.

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it Suggested-Actions-calendar-demo.gif

On the other hand, selecting a Date or Time, displays a "Create Event" button, clicking on which opens the Calendar app, with the Date and Time fields autofilled with the time or date that you copied. That's quite useful for creating a new appointment for a meeting.

Suggested Actions works universally, i.e., it is not restricted to a specific app like Microsoft Edge, Mail and Calendar, etc. You can use it from any app like Notepad, Firefox or other third-party apps. While this can be a useful feature for some people, others may find it annoying and want to disable it. Fortunately, you can do that.

How to disable Suggested Actions in Windows 11

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Click on System in the sidebar, scroll down the right pane, and select the Clipboard section.

3. Toggle the button labeled "Suggested Actions".

This disables Suggested Actions completely. There is no way to disable it for a specific type, i.e. maybe you want it to trigger while copying a date and time, but don't want it to open while selecting phone numbers. That's not possible, it merely has an on/off switch.

Limitations in Suggested Actions

In its current state, the option only seems to work with US Phone Numbers. It fails to recognize the format used in other regions. That is a bit disappointing, but not surprising, you will see why in the next section.

Suggested Actions settings missing in Windows 11 Build 22

If you don't have Suggested Actions settings in the Clipboard page, don't worry.

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it Suggested-Actions-missing.jpg

Microsoft's announcement is missing an important piece of information, the feature is not available in all regions yet. It was missing for me even though I'm on Windows 11 Build 225115.

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it Suggested-Actions-missing-in-Settings-App.jpg

I had to set my Country and the Regional Format to the United States in the Settings app, to get the option to appear in the Clipboard page. Without this option, the tool will not work.

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it Suggested-Actions-how-to-enable.gif

I think Suggested Actions should allow users to customize the panel, so we can select which apps or options are displayed in it. It could be better if it supported more content types, e.g. open the Mail app while an email address is in the clipboard, or open Paint or a different image editor, when a picture has been copied.

What do you think about Suggested Actions? Yay, or nay?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 12, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, May 12, 2022
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

thats why you uncheck all of the boxes all i think action center is is a warning about various other aspects of the pc. so just uncheck everything and it wont complain about jack or show the icon its worked on countless 7 formats with me. though i do agree security center is diffirent i wasnt entirely implying that it was the same more like security center in itself is also an unneeded program

granted but unchecking what it monitors surely is a way to lighten the load? id imagine anyway seeing as your telling it not to actuively check those programs

Solaris17, May 12, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it

Calendar Event(s) Not Showing Up in Action Center

Have you tried the suggestions from the link we shared?

Let's also take a look at the settings for the Mail app. Follow these steps:

• Open the Mail app.
    • At the bottom of the left pane, click on the gear icon (Switch to settings).
    • Select Options.
    • Under Notifications, switch on the ticker for Show in action center.

Update us about the outcome.

Ruz San, May 12, 2022
Thema:

1. We take a closer look at Suggested Actions in Windows 11, and show you how to disable it - Similar Threads - closer Suggested Actions

2. Suggested Actions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggested Actions?: Is the suggested actions feature available to everyone?It doesn't work for me yet Dell XPS 7390 2in1 Windows 22H2I'm in the UK and I don't have the feature option toggle in Settings>System>Clipboard only if i change the language and region to United States and change language...
  3. Suggested Actions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggested Actions?: Is the suggested actions feature available to everyone?It doesn't work for me yet Dell XPS 7390 2in1 Windows 22H2I'm in the UK and I don't have the feature option toggle in Settings>System>Clipboard only if i change the language and region to United States and change language...
  4. How to use Suggested Actions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Suggested Actions in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to use Suggested Actions in Windows 11. This is a new feature of Windows 11 that provides you suggestions when you copy a phone number, time, or date to the clipboard using Notepad, Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, MS Word, Microsoft To Do...
  5. Windows 11 review - We take a look at its best features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 review - We take a look at its best features: Windows 11 has been released for all users. If you haven't done so already, check if you have a Windows Update notification to upgrade from Windows 10 for free. Don't worry if your PC doesn't support TPM 2.0, or if you want to download the OS, we got you covered with this...
  6. How to enable or disable Text Suggestions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Text Suggestions in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Text suggestion is a built-in feature in Windows 11 that gives your typing experience a significant change. A major advantage of this program is its speed and the ability to get immediate feedback after typing. After typing a few words, you will know whether your...
  7. Closer look at new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Closer look at new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and Windows 10: During the second event aimed at developers, Microsoft took the wraps off its new app store for Windows 11 and Windows 10. The Microsoft Store, otherwise known as Windows Store, has been “rebuilt” and redesigned to offer more than the store currently available on Windows 10....
  8. A closer look at Microsoft’s new Action Center on Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Microsoft’s new Action Center on Windows 10X: The leaked build of Windows 10X shows that the operating system will redesign the Action Center, Start Menu and Taskbar for single-screen PCs. On Windows 10X, Action Center has been specially crafted to power all form factors, including foldable, single-screen PCs and...
  9. Looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  10. A closer look at Windows Ink

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows Ink: Hello! I’m Li-Chen Miller, Group Program Manager for the Windows Ink team. I’m excited to share that many of the rich capabilities of Windows Ink are now available to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring today, and we will continue to light up new experiences over the coming...