Windows 10: We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

Discus and support We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I start my computer up & sign into the Microsoft Account screen with my password. The next screen wants me to create a Windows Hello Pin & you can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cure SMA, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Cure SMA Win User

We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

I start my computer up & sign into the Microsoft Account screen with my password. The next screen wants me to create a Windows Hello Pin & you can only click next. So I click next & get "SOMETHING WENT WRONG. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I clicked retry over & over & got this same message. I click Skip for now & it brings me back to the sign in screen when I first turn my computer on. I cannot get into my computer at all. There is no start menu in the corner either to try to restart in safe mode. I

:)

Cure SMA, Jun 7, 2022
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Can't Sign In using PIN though I have configured it

Hi,

We need to gather more data for us to know why you cannot use your PIN as your sign-in. Kindly answer these questions:

• When exactly did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To determine the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Click System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • How did you set up your PIN? Provide us the step by step process on how you did it.

If possible, kindly send us a picture of your sign in screen for us to further investigate your concern. Please take note that you will not be able to perform a screen on the sign in page so you need to use your smart phone to take a picture of the page.

In the mean time, kindly reset the PIN to see if you'll be able to use your new PIN when logging in to the computer. To reset the PIN, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click I forgot my PIN.
    • Click Continue.
    • Enter the password of your computer, and then set up a new PIN.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Check if you'll be able to use your new PIN to log in to the computer.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 7, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

T-Mobile Shares Additional Information Regarding Ongoing Cyberattack

Source: T-Mobile US, Inc. - T-Mobile Shares Additional Information Regarding Ongoing Cyberattack Investigation

Brink, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

1. We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer - Similar Threads - weren't able set

2. Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error: I am unable to log in to my laptop account as I don't remember my PIN and my fingerprint doesn't work. I tried to set my PIN. After entering my Microsoft Account credentials, I see the "Are you sure you want to reset.." screen and when I click continue, I see an error message...
  3. Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error: I am unable to log in to my laptop account as I don't remember my PIN and my fingerprint doesn't work. I tried to set my PIN. After entering my Microsoft Account credentials, I see the "Are you sure you want to reset.." screen and when I click continue, I see an error message...
  4. "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?: Microsoft keeps throwing up a message saying "We weren't able to set up your pin." There is no way to login even with user and password for a Microsoft account. I already tried to log in and out multiple times. No leads. After the Microsoft account login, there is a message...
  5. "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?

"We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?: Microsoft keeps throwing up a message saying "We weren't able to set up your pin." There is no way to login even with user and password for a Microsoft account. I already tried to log in and out multiple times. No leads. After the Microsoft account login, there is a message...
  6. "We weren't able to set up your pin" on two different computers, one freshly installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We weren't able to set up your pin" on two different computers, one freshly installed: I've run into an infuriating problem, to say the least.I just bought a PC running Windows 11, which insists that I have to make a PIN to log in. Every time I've tried to do that, it just throws a "We weren't able to set up your pin" error, which is possible to skip and get...
  7. We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer: I start my computer up & sign into the Microsoft Account screen with my password. The next screen wants me to create a Windows Hello Pin & you can only click next. So I click next & get "SOMETHING WENT WRONG. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  8. We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer: I start my computer up & sign into the Microsoft Account screen with my password. The next screen wants me to create a Windows Hello Pin & you can only click next. So I click next & get "SOMETHING WENT WRONG. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  9. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN: Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old password to the new password. I got the error «Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources» and I...
  10. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN: Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old password to the new password. I got the error «Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources» and I...