Windows 10: We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

Discus and support We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Billies Vũ, Nov 8, 2021.

1. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old password to the new password. I got the error «Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources» and I searched for the solution on Microsoft Community. I have done delete NGC folder following instructions in this article. After deleting that folder, I was able to change the PIN. However, I tried again and again but kept getting the message that «We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN». The computer that I am using is a personal

:)

Billies Vũ, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Nov 8, 2021
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 8, 2021
  4. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

1. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN - Similar Threads - Weren't Able Set

2. "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?: Microsoft keeps throwing up a message saying "We weren't able to set up your pin." There is no way to login even with user and password for a Microsoft account. I already tried to log in and out multiple times. No leads. After the Microsoft account login, there is a message...
  3. "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?: Microsoft keeps throwing up a message saying "We weren't able to set up your pin." There is no way to login even with user and password for a Microsoft account. I already tried to log in and out multiple times. No leads. After the Microsoft account login, there is a message...
  4. We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer: I start my computer up & sign into the Microsoft Account screen with my password. The next screen wants me to create a Windows Hello Pin & you can only click next. So I click next & get "SOMETHING WENT WRONG. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  5. We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer: I start my computer up & sign into the Microsoft Account screen with my password. The next screen wants me to create a Windows Hello Pin & you can only click next. So I click next & get "SOMETHING WENT WRONG. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  6. We weren't able to set up your PIN. Can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.: Surface book2; I got this message "Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin. You can try again, or skip this step and set up PIN later" since 2 years ago until now. I looked through all the suggested like NGC file, DISM command, gpedit.msc,...
  8. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.: Surface book2; I got this message "Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin. You can try again, or skip this step and set up PIN later" since 2 years ago until now. I looked through all the suggested like NGC file, DISM command, gpedit.msc,...
  9. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

10. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN: Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old password to the new password. I got the error «Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources» and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. reset pin something went wrong we werent able to set up your pin