Windows 10: Weak signal

Discus and support Weak signal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife's computer and my computer are on the same home wifi network. Her signal is strong. Mine is very weak. I don't know what do to get my signal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnEutsler, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Weak signal

My wife's computer and my computer are on the same home wifi network. Her signal is strong. Mine is very weak. I don't know what do to get my signal strength back.

:)

JohnEutsler, Oct 8, 2020

2. wi-fi signal is weak

Hey Jonian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect network settings.
    • Network adapter is not working properly.
    I suggest you to try the steps listed here and check if it fixes the issue or else contact your ISP for weak signal.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps to fix network connection issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article which will help to fix common issues with network connection. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 8, 2020
  3. weak internet signal

Hi Lindy,

If you're referring to the Wi-Fi signal being weak on your laptop, it may be due to the following factors: location of your router or wireless modem, distance of your laptop from the Wi-Fi source, or could be that the wireless adapter on your laptop needs
    updating.

For us to sort this out, help me verify the following:

• Are you using a router or a wireless modem?
    • If yes, where is it located and how far is it from your laptop?
    • Can you detect other wireless network in the area? If yes, how's the signal?

In the meantime, please update the wireless adapter on your laptop. For the steps, please see the link,

Update drivers in Windows 10

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2020
  4. LindyL Win User

Weak signal

weak internet signal

Hi I just bought a HP Celeron, before update signal was brilliant but after the updates my signal is very weak, how do I go about fixing this plz?

LindyL, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Weak signal

1. Weak signal - Similar Threads - Weak signal

2. My Wi-Fi signal is too weak even if next to the router.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi signal is too weak even if next to the router.: Hello, I got a problem in my laptop that seems very common, but I couldn't fix after many tries. My Wi-Fi signal is very weak, even though it is less than a meter from the router. I got some similar problems months ago, which were uncommon: first, when I was using my laptop,...
  3. My Wi-Fi signal is too weak even if next to the router.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wi-Fi signal is too weak even if next to the router.: Hello, I got a problem in my laptop that seems very common, but I couldn't fix after many tries. My Wi-Fi signal is very weak, even though it is less than a meter from the router. I got some similar problems months ago, which were uncommon: first, when I was using my laptop,...
  4. My Wi-Fi signal is too weak even if next to the router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to configure a weak hotspot Internet signal so it doesn't jump off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to configure a weak hotspot Internet signal so it doesn't jump off: How do I configure a weak internet signal coming into my computer as a public hotspot so it'll stop disconnecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-a-weak-hotspot-internet-signal-so/244e0166-019a-46d9-8ec4-ee4f883f767d
  6. How to configure a weak hotspot Internet signal so it doesn't jump off

How to configure a weak hotspot Internet signal so it doesn't jump off: How do I configure a weak internet signal coming into my computer as a public hotspot so it'll stop disconnecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-a-weak-hotspot-internet-signal-so/244e0166-019a-46d9-8ec4-ee4f883f767d
  7. How to configure a weak hotspot Internet signal so it doesn't jump off

8. Windows 10 my signal strength is very weak recently, what Services should be turned on to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 my signal strength is very weak recently, what Services should be turned on to...: This seems to only be affecting my PC, not my phone, and is especially affecting online gaming and downloads.So I have four bars consistently on my WiFi, but I experience horrible lag. Normally my connection is fine, so I assumed it was just the recent rainy weather we had...
  9. Windows 10 my signal strength is very weak recently, what Services should be turned on to...

Windows 10 my signal strength is very weak recently, what Services should be turned on to...: This seems to only be affecting my PC, not my phone, and is especially affecting online gaming and downloads.So I have four bars consistently on my WiFi, but I experience horrible lag. Normally my connection is fine, so I assumed it was just the recent rainy weather we had...
  10. Windows 10 my signal strength is very weak recently, what Services should be turned on to...