Windows 10: Weak wi-fi connection

Discus and support Weak wi-fi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I have a sony vaio laptop. my problem is that all of a sudden my wifi signal has become weak while im sitting in the same room where my router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adityagholap, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Weak wi-fi connection

Hey,

I have a sony vaio laptop. my problem is that all of a sudden my wifi signal has become weak while im sitting in the same room where my router is and all my other devices are having strong wifi signal. One more strange thing is that my laptop receives a strong signal when I give my phone's hotspot even if the phone is in the other room. I have tried troubleshooting, updating my drivers but failed to achieve desired results.

Please Help me

:)

adityagholap, Jul 11, 2018

2. wi-fi signal is weak

Hey Jonian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect network settings.
    • Network adapter is not working properly.
    I suggest you to try the steps listed here and check if it fixes the issue or else contact your ISP for weak signal.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps to fix network connection issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article which will help to fix common issues with network connection. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 11, 2018
  3. jonian61 Win User
    wi-fi signal is weak

original title: Wi-Fi

my wi-fi signal is very weak with 3 users on my virgin super hub

jonian61, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Weak wi-fi connection

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Weak wi-fi connection

1. Weak wi-fi connection - Similar Threads - Weak connection

2. My PC’s wifi connection is weak compared to other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC’s wifi connection is weak compared to other devices: I live in military barracks and just bought a brand new cyberpower PC. We use GoWifi and I pay for premium wifi currently. I just set up my PC and tried connecting to the wifi and it connects, I just get one bar compared to the full bars I get on my phone. I cant download...
  3. My PC’s wifi connection is weak compared to other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC’s wifi connection is weak compared to other devices: I live in military barracks and just bought a brand new cyberpower PC. We use GoWifi and I pay for premium wifi currently. I just set up my PC and tried connecting to the wifi and it connects, I just get one bar compared to the full bars I get on my phone. I cant download...
  4. Suspiciously weak internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspiciously weak internet connection: Hello. Since last night I have a problem that is beyond me.I was in a game and on discord with my friends and suddenly the internet started to be very weak in the sense that it was disconnecting me, but in windows to the internet it appeared that there was a connection.After...
  5. Suspiciously weak internet connection

Suspiciously weak internet connection: Hello. Since last night I have a problem that is beyond me.I was in a game and on discord with my friends and suddenly the internet started to be very weak in the sense that it was disconnecting me, but in windows to the internet it appeared that there was a connection.After...
  6. Suspiciously weak internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is my wifi connection so weak on desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi connection so weak on desktop PC?: Hello,I’ve been having this issue with a relatively new desktop. Prior to August 2022, the PC connected wirelessly just as well as any other device in my home. After moving to college, it was strictly on ethernet the whole year and it worked very well. After my year when I...
  8. Why is my wifi connection so weak on desktop PC?

Why is my wifi connection so weak on desktop PC?: Hello,I’ve been having this issue with a relatively new desktop. Prior to August 2022, the PC connected wirelessly just as well as any other device in my home. After moving to college, it was strictly on ethernet the whole year and it worked very well. After my year when I...
  9. weak wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weak wifi connection: hey, so I have a Dell laptop, windows 10.I noticed a few days ago that my wifi connection just became really weak, like if I'm in my room I sometimes won't even be able to pick it up. I updated the wifi driver and that didn't work so I decided to reset my laptop to see if...
  10. weak wifi connection

weak wifi connection: hey, so I have a Dell laptop, windows 10.I noticed a few days ago that my wifi connection just became really weak, like if I'm in my room I sometimes won't even be able to pick it up. I updated the wifi driver and that didn't work so I decided to reset my laptop to see if...