Windows 10: Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

Discus and support Weard selection issue in Windows apps only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have this issue in windows 10 apps : https://puu.sh/CbE67/60cdea081e.mp4 A black box appear around an option, like if you click on tab, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ayting, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Ayting Win User

Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

Hello

I have this issue in windows 10 apps :

https://puu.sh/CbE67/60cdea081e.mp4

A black box appear around an option, like if you click on tab, the difference is that if i click again on tab, it stay to this option

In the explorer, in configuration panel (windows 7 settings) in chrome or any software, it works normaly, even in office.

But when i'm in the start menu, in settings (windows 10 settings), mail, calendar, photo etc.. it happened every time

I can unplug mouse and use tab : issue still there, same if i unplug mouse.

So it seems to be a software issue, but i don't know how to fix it

Thanks for your help

:)

Ayting, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows "Photo" App. Why When Viewing a Slideshow Will Only Some Pictures in the Selected Folder Be in View?

Hi,

I suggest run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Dec 3, 2018
  3. App store issues in Windows 10

Hi Herbert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try troubleshooting the Windows app and check if issue persist. To do so, kindly refer to the below given steps:

I suggest you to runthe Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• ClickonWindows Store app.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given link to run Windows app troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

1. Weard selection issue in Windows apps only - Similar Threads - Weard selection issue

2. Photo selecting issues, transfering photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo selecting issues, transfering photos: Another newbie query! I sell on Etsy and Ebay, and when selecting photos from standard Win 10 picture files I have to check the ones I want to transfer to Etsy (mostly) TWICE, as the first select does not transfer. Seems like a daft issue. Anyone else had this problem?...
  3. Issues Selecting Default App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues Selecting Default App: Hello, I've been looking online and can't find anything, so I figured I'd make a post. I just installed Win 10 Pro on my work laptop (ssd died so I needed a replacement) and I noticed that all the files I put on my computer were trying to save as Excel files, which I...
  4. select ALL in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    select ALL in Mail app?: Does anyone know how to select ALL and have all boxes ticked for filing or deleting? 22204
  5. Poor selection of Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor selection of Apps: Windows 8 didn't really take of with Windows apps vs the competition. Do you think Windows 10 will one day compete with Apple and Android? 18521
  6. Windows Apps Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Issues: My laptop originally came with a Windows 8.1 installation, and has always had issues with Windows store apps not working. Usually the apps appear, then close. I have an iPhone, which videos and photos can only be synced from the Photos app (if iTunes is installed, which it...
  7. Issue with selecting programs from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with selecting programs from taskbar: Hi Everyone, Honestly, this is driving me nuts, never seen this issue before. When I have multiple programs running on my computer (Word, Excel, Chrome, and Microsoft Mail (I know Yucky, but Outlook doesn't work with my work's email servers yet...)) the computer will...
  8. search results that are not apps are not selectable

in Windows 10 Support
    search results that are not apps are not selectable: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit edition. I upgraded from Windows 8 pro. When I search for non-apps, such as "power options", the search results appear properly. However, when I click on the power options search result (with the icon), nothing happens. Clicking on...
  9. Setting default app with "Select File"

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default app with "Select File": Back when I ran Windows 7 and before i was made to update to Windows 10 because I built a Ryzen system, I could set a default app by clicking a button that would open the file explorer and letting me select the executable. I am not seeing that in Windows 10, how do I select...
  10. Onedrive sync selection issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive sync selection issue: So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the moment. When ever anything that would put crap in My Documents (I.E. Rockstar) it instead goes to onedrive. The System will not...