Windows 10: Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

Discus and support Weard selection issue in Windows apps only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have this issue in windows 10 apps : https://puu.sh/CbE67/60cdea081e.mp4 A black box appear around an option, like if you click on tab, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ayting, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Ayting Win User

Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

Hello

I have this issue in windows 10 apps :

https://puu.sh/CbE67/60cdea081e.mp4

A black box appear around an option, like if you click on tab, the difference is that if i click again on tab, it stay to this option

In the explorer, in configuration panel (windows 7 settings) in chrome or any software, it works normaly, even in office.

But when i'm in the start menu, in settings (windows 10 settings), mail, calendar, photo etc.. it happened every time

I can unplug mouse and use tab : issue still there, same if i unplug mouse.

So it seems to be a software issue, but i don't know how to fix it

Thanks for your help

:)

Ayting, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows "Photo" App. Why When Viewing a Slideshow Will Only Some Pictures in the Selected Folder Be in View?

Hi,

I suggest run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Dec 3, 2018
  3. App store issues in Windows 10

Hi Herbert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try troubleshooting the Windows app and check if issue persist. To do so, kindly refer to the below given steps:

I suggest you to runthe Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• ClickonWindows Store app.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given link to run Windows app troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Weard selection issue in Windows apps only

1. Weard selection issue in Windows apps only - Similar Threads - Weard selection issue

2. How to scale down UI of only selected app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to scale down UI of only selected app?: My Windows 10 settings are set to scaled up to 250% because of 4k screen.But there is one app that has now a too big interface. How can I set manually a value for scaling only this app?...
  3. How to scale down UI of only selected app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to scale down UI of only selected app?: My Windows 10 settings are set to scaled up to 250% because of 4k screen.But there is one app that has now a too big interface. How can I set manually a value for scaling only this app?...
  4. Windows apps selection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps selection problem: Hello!I have a weird error that started today. When I am in Windows apps start menu search, Groove Music, Settings, etc., if I try to scroll down or click on something, it does as though I was trying to select the first item on the list. When scrolling down, the scroll bar...
  5. Windows apps selection problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps selection problem: Hello!I have a weird error that started today. When I am in Windows apps start menu search, Groove Music, Settings, etc., if I try to scroll down or click on something, it does as though I was trying to select the first item on the list. When scrolling down, the scroll bar...
  6. Windows apps selection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sound Issues with Windows App Store Apps Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Issues with Windows App Store Apps Only: OK so I have a very odd problem with the audio on my XPS 13. When using wired headphones, audio just sounded like white noise from any source. I uninstalled the Maxx Audio Pro which didn't do anything. I then disabled "enabled audio enhancements" which fixed the issue for...
  8. Issues with mouse & selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with mouse & selection: Hi there, I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop. It runs on the latest update of windows 10. The issue is the scrolling function happens in a negative way to the command automatically without me doing...
  9. Hover select issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover select issue: I have had this computer for several years and have never had a problem. In the past 3 months it has started to randomly start selecting everything I hover over. This has been pretty scary considering we are all doing virtual work and sharing screens. It's absolutely...
  10. Issues Selecting Default App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues Selecting Default App: Hello, I've been looking online and can't find anything, so I figured I'd make a post. I just installed Win 10 Pro on my work laptop (ssd died so I needed a replacement) and I noticed that all the files I put on my computer were trying to save as Excel files, which I...