Windows 10: Weather and news widget, change the default browser

Discus and support Weather and news widget, change the default browser in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm really liking the new widget contrary to many people but there is one big catch I really hate that it opens everything on edge. Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlackFireAlex, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Weather and news widget, change the default browser

So I'm really liking the new widget contrary to many people but there is one big catch I really hate that it opens everything on edge.

Is there a way to change this behavior ?

submitted by /u/BlackFireAlex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlackFireAlex, Jun 17, 2021
  2. usan14 Win User

Foreca Weather Widget

Yeah I know this Weather and news widget, change the default browser :) obviously I have to add widget not shortcut but I can not see Foreca Weather in the widget list, it just shown in the shortcuts list.

usan14, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Mick_H1 Win User

Weather and news widget, change the default browser

Foreca Weather Widget

What that is actually telling you is that the widget is already on one of the destops, that's why it's not in the widget list.

Do you have any other large widgets on any of the desktops, like email, Facebook or location?

If so try moving those around to see if Foreca Weather has gone behind one of those.

If it's not there then something has gone tango uniform and you may need to kill the Foreca Weather Widget process (I think it can be done via X-Term, but I'm not sure whet the command is) and then see if you can reinstate it on the desktop.

Mick_H1, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Weather and news widget, change the default browser

1. Weather and news widget, change the default browser - Similar Threads - Weather news widget

2. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Remove News From Weather Widget?: How do I remove all the weird suspicious "news" articles most of them scams, spams, or otherwise untrustworthy from the weather button on the taskbar? I only want to see the weather, I don't want to be advertised to on my desktop. I've been hiding all the sources I can, but...
  3. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove News From Weather Widget?: How do I remove all the weird suspicious "news" articles most of them scams, spams, or otherwise untrustworthy from the weather button on the taskbar? I only want to see the weather, I don't want to be advertised to on my desktop. I've been hiding all the sources I can, but...
  4. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. w11 weather widget and news feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w11 weather widget and news feed: How can I just get the weather widget without the news feed? I've tried everything, I can think of, but I have been unable to figure out how I can just have the weather widget without all the news feed. I have no interest in the news feed at all. Any suggestions would be...
  6. w11 weather widget and news feed

w11 weather widget and news feed: How can I just get the weather widget without the news feed? I've tried everything, I can think of, but I have been unable to figure out how I can just have the weather widget without all the news feed. I have no interest in the news feed at all. Any suggestions would be...
  7. News and Weather widget won't open

News and Weather widget won't open: Since yesterday the News and Weather widget has failed to open when I click on it. It does update the temperature and weather conditions, but it won't open to view the forecast and news. As far as I know I haven't changed any settings. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  8. News and Weather widget won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Weather widget won't open: Since yesterday the News and Weather widget has failed to open when I click on it. It does update the temperature and weather conditions, but it won't open to view the forecast and news. As far as I know I haven't changed any settings. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  9. News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon: Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-weather-widget-on-taskbar-not-showing/8b3b302d-dc26-4cd9-a8da-d24a7deb6aa7
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...