Windows 10: Weather app in notification area

Discus and support Weather app in notification area in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Nothing like weather is enabled and I have checked all them as well Hi. Did you ever resolve this? I have run the same checks and double checks as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by woldsweather, Aug 16, 2015.

1. yeehar Win User

Weather app in notification area

Hi.
    Did you ever resolve this?
    I have run the same checks and double checks as you and I still have this issue.

Annoying icon:

Weather app in notification area [​IMG]

Annoying icon (moused over):

After "left clicking":

I live hundreds of miles away from Newport (any of them!) and - whilst I could change the default town/city - I don't like something like this appearing unexpectedly AND not capable of being easily "killed".

Any/all help gratefully received.

yeehar, Dec 16, 2015

2. Yes it looks like I had installed a rogue piece of software which installed this. I used Malwarebytes to uninstall it
    It was a program called WeatherTool by OpenCandy

Supernova99, Dec 16, 2015
  3. yeehar Win User
    Thanks.

That was it. Malwarebytes found and removed them.

FWIW I think I must've let this slip through when installing ImgBurn. Losing my touch in my old age...

Thanks again.

yeehar, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Weather app in notification area

How i do to the weather app appear in notification area?? is a specific app?

tinkertain, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weather app in notification area

1. Weather app in notification area - Similar Threads - Weather app notification

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Xbox app for pc, no icon in notification area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app for pc, no icon in notification area: hi I have a problem, I install pc Xbox app for game pass pc, but I cant keep the app run in background when I close it, I check the box on the settings but nothing work, also I don't see the Xbox icon on notification area also when the app is open . and when I go to windows...
  6. notification area not working

notification area not working: my action center, sound option, battery option, calendar option, wifi option which are on the right corner of thetaskbar are not opening even after clicking millions of times...
  7. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  8. Notification area inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area inconsistencies: Hello: My Notification area shows four application icons, and there is no problems with them. When I click the ^ icon, I see 13 icons, all of which I have identified. No problem there either. Then, I right-click on the task bar, and click Taskbar Settings > Taskbar >...
  9. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  10. App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box

in Windows 10 Support
    App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box: Whenever I right click on an application in the notification area, the menus open up behind the notification box. Is there a way to fix this. I am running a triple monitor setup with the task-bar located on the center screen only. I've tried stretching the task-bar across all...