Windows 10: Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

Discus and support Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by saltscrub, Nov 29, 2022.

1. saltscrub Win User

Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of the alert, with absolutely no text detailing what the advisory/warning is about. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop computers. I have reset the app on both computers and made sure it was up to date using the Store app, but it makes no difference. This is clearly not an issue on my local machine, so I can only assume it is a bug, either on the local client app or the server that provides the alerts.

:)

saltscrub, Nov 29, 2022
  2. biozom Win User

Weather Advisories

Hi all. When I get the weather advisory notification from Cortana, when I click on it should it be showing me what the details are, or at least bringing up the the section of the Weather app where I could view the details? Right now I just get the brief
    headline in notifications, click on it and it just brings Cortana up with a

"stare" (screen). If that's the way it's designed can this go on the wish list for Cortana to interact with the Weather app or something to provide more details about the advisory?

biozom, Nov 29, 2022
  3. biozom Win User
    Weather Advisories

Trying again, lost a word...

Hi all. When I get the weather advisory notification from Cortana, when I click on it should it be showing me what the details are, or at least bringing up the the section of the Weather app where I could view the details? Right now I just get the brief
    headline in notifications, click on it and it just brings Cortana up with a blank "stare" (screen). If that's the way it's designed can this go on the wish list for Cortana to interact with the Weather app or something to provide more details about the advisory?

biozom, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

Weather Advisories

I really don't think the responder understood the question; maybe a language barrier.

When Cortana notifies of a weather advisory, if you click on it no other information is given.

VirtualMatt, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

1. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings - Similar Threads - Weather app longer

2. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings: For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of the alert, with absolutely no text detailing what the advisory/warning is about. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop...
  3. Red Weather warnings - UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Weather warnings - UK: The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes,...
  4. Red Weather warnings - UK

Red Weather warnings - UK: The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes,...
  5. Red Weather warnings - UK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Weather App

Weather App: Windows 10 is already the most catastrophic OS of all time - and now this: The "Weather App" is no longer what it used to be. A new Microsoft feature, so to speak. I had a list with about 20 favorite places. This list was ordered from north to south An alphabetical...
  7. Weather App

Weather App: Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it doesn't launch the app. If I use the search and launch from there, same result, it doesn't start. The store works fine; I...
  8. Weather app shows temperature in Fahrenheits

Weather app shows temperature in Fahrenheits: [img] See the 39, if i click on it and go into the app then it displays correctly 4 degrees Celsius. When will there be a fix? Regards 46701
  9. Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.

Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.: I have a minor annoyance which I would like to get rid of. Every now and then I would have a weather warning of cities such as Kenmore, NY. I am in Canada, living in a "border city", separated by a lake from USA. My weather app is set correctly and weather shown...
  10. Weather App

Weather App: So the weather app in W10 preview is an updated version that is somewhat half broke. I figured out how to get the old version. Open PowerShell as an administrator and enter Code: Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Then go to the...