Windows 10: Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters

Discus and support Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today on my Windows 10 computer, the weather app on the task bar changed to all Chinese characters. The weather app didn't even appear until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MsPatSea, Jun 2, 2021.

1. MsPatSea Win User

Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters

Today on my Windows 10 computer, the weather app on the task bar changed to all Chinese characters. The weather app didn't even appear until I installed update 21H1 on 5/26. How can I fix this?? Can't even figure out how or uninstall or delete the app.

:)

MsPatSea, Jun 2, 2021

2. Chinese characters in Windows 10 Weather App??

Hi,

I am seeing what appears to be Chinese characters in the Windows 10 Weather app. I have checked the settings...no luck. Any comments/recommendations?

DLAbuDhabi, Jun 2, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Weather app icon in Chinese?

I just tried to launch mine for the first time since upgrading - a blue box- then it closed.

I had to re-register it. Whether (or weather?) that will help in your case... you can try it.
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    (search for weather and choose instructions above as appropriate).

Some of the characters in your screenshot are not Chinese characters, of course.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters

1. Weather app on task bar changed to all Chinese characters - Similar Threads - Weather app task

2. Weather widget on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on the task bar: The weather widget on the task bar is frozen at the night time temperature from a few days ago. I've tried turning it off then turning it on but it's unchanged. Any ideas of how to get it to work? Thank you!...
  3. Weather widget on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather widget on the task bar: The weather widget on the task bar is frozen at the night time temperature from a few days ago. I've tried turning it off then turning it on but it's unchanged. Any ideas of how to get it to work? Thank you!...
  4. Task Bar Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Weather: After a recent update I now see the weather on my taskbar. However it always starts with Detroit Michigan which is way off from northern Kentucky. I have to go in and manually change it every day. Very annoying. Why won't it remember how I've changed it?I've gone in to...
  5. Task Bar Weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Weather: After a recent update I now see the weather on my taskbar. However it always starts with Detroit Michigan which is way off from northern Kentucky. I have to go in and manually change it every day. Very annoying. Why won't it remember how I've changed it?I've gone in to...
  6. Task Bar Weather

7. Weather button on Task bar

Weather button on Task bar: When I click on the weather buttonshown above it pulls up a box with a bunch of stuff I don't care aboutshown below. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to show only weather statistics or something more helpful? Thank you...
  8. Weather button on Task bar

Weather button on Task bar: When I click on the weather buttonshown above it pulls up a box with a bunch of stuff I don't care aboutshown below. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to show only weather statistics or something more helpful? Thank you...
  9. Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar

Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar: For some reason, a widged displaying the weather in Peking and chinese news appeared in my task bar and I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried getting rid of it by clicking on different menu options, but am having a hard time achieving anything since I dont speak...
  10. Weather app icon in Chinese?

Weather app icon in Chinese?: Today, I did a clean fresh install of Windows 10 Creators Update, and I just noticed that the Weather app in the Start menu is in Chinese. Now, I do not know if this is the cause or not, but before installing Windows 10, I bought a Dell wired mouse. On the box, it says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 climate toolbar chinese