Windows 10: Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build)

Discus and support Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just reinstalled Windows 10 Home (1903 build). As I'm rebuilding and recreating everything, I see that my Weather app is stuck on Washington DC. I live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BananaFrappe, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build)

Just reinstalled Windows 10 Home (1903 build). As I'm rebuilding and recreating everything, I see that my Weather app is stuck on Washington DC. I live in Arizona.

I have unpinned, repinned, reset, uninstalled, and reinstalled this app. It still thinks I live in Washington DC.

I see that this was a problem with 18xx builds and that there was no fix. Is there now a fix with the 1903 build???

I sure hope there is. I (used to) refer to this app daily.

:)

BananaFrappe, Jul 23, 2019
  2. JSR8860 Win User

MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

ALCON

I just reformatted my hard drive and reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10, a bit extreme but always works and I get a clean install to boot.
    I maintain an Admin account and a Local User account. The MSN Weather app works fine on the Admin account but again defaulted to Washington DC on the Local User account.
    Can’t get much cleaner than that. I find the Weather app to be more trouble than its worth at times.

Jeff

JSR8860, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Matthewlm Win User
    MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

It seems to work fine on Windows 10 computer. It is stuck on Washington DC on my Windows 10 Phone. Have tried everything to get it off and some how locked my security account for 30 days. Now cant change location or add to my Microsoft account. Think I will
    look for another app also.

Thanks for the Info.

Matthewlm, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build)

Washington DC is in which region?

Hi guys...if any Americans or anyone who knows the map of USA can help, I'd appreciate it. I want the map of Washington DC downloaded into my nokia maps, as I understand it, Washington DC is not Washington right? Which region does it come under? Thanks.

Immortal25, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build)

1. Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build) - Similar Threads - Weather app stuck

2. New Weather App is Stuck open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Weather App is Stuck open: I accidently clicked the new weather app down in the task bar, now it is permantly stuck ontop of other windows in a 'Loading' phase, there is content there and seems to have loaded, though there is still a loading icon in the middle, seems to be no way to close it by the...
  3. Micrsoft Weather App for Win10

Micrsoft Weather App for Win10: How do you tell what the wind direction is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micrsoft-weather-app-for-win10/75e0f461-2aa3-4713-bb33-6e6b20534dc2
  4. Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?: Normally when I need to quickly reset windows I run the iso of the build I have, and after being given a choice, i select keep nothing* *but this actually moves my files to a windows.old folder! Recently I've decided to test out windows insider builds again, and am...
  5. Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound?: I just recently updated my win10 to build 1903 (May 2019) and discovered my 7.1 surround sound no longer works. I've checked the sound properties and speaker setup, clicking specifically on 7.1 but when testing the channels, only left and right front speakers are working....
  6. I RECEIVE A CALLING FROM MICROSOFT CORPORATION IN WASHINGTON DC??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I RECEIVE A CALLING FROM MICROSOFT CORPORATION IN WASHINGTON DC??: Hello I live in Spain Today i´ve received a call from Micrsoft Corporation in Washington DC,saying that my computer was being hacked and that my computer identification was being used for illegal acts. They made me verify that the ID they had was the same as my computer,...
  7. Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???: I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona. Also, the weather function on the lock...
  8. Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.

Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.: In setting my Windows Weather app for the first time on my new laptop, I set the app to automatically detect the location for my city (New York). But after restarting my laptop, the tile still displayed the weather and temperature for Washington, D.C. I went into my...
  9. Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.: BRAND NEW reinstall of Win10. Fully updated. Weather app LiveTile in start menu has me living in Washington D.C. Weather forecast on Lock Screen has me living in Washington D.C. If I click on the Weather app itself, and the app opens up, it shows my correct location of...
  10. MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC: Forum The other day my MSN Weather App started to show Washinton DV from the live tile. But when I clicked on it the app defaults to my locaiton (St Louis) . Closing it back down the live tile defaults to Washinton D.C. I've reset it, uninstalled it, searched the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 weather app home page stuck