Windows 10: Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language

Discus and support Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all ! My computer's language is English, and I'm currently living in Cyprus for a few months. The thing is, when I use the weather application,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rbourgeon, Mar 28, 2016.

1. rbourgeon Win User

Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language

Hello all ! My computer's language is English, and I'm currently living in Cyprus for a few months. The thing is, when I use the weather application, and more specifically the "maps" tab, the names on the map are displayed in Greek... (because Greek is Cyprus' language). It's really weird, since the rest of the app is displayed in English... (screenshot below)

And when I change location, for instance choosing a city in France or in England, the map is still displayed in Greek

Could anyone help me with this ?
    Sincerely

Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language [​IMG]

:)

rbourgeon, Mar 28, 2016
  2. ajsmithva Win User

Weather Channel app on PC

Weather channel app on a PC with Windows 10 displays weather map for actual physical location regardless of what location is selected. That is, if PC is in Colorado Springs CO and location selected is Arlington VA, when clicking on "map" icon, it displays
    Colorado Springs.

ajsmithva, Mar 28, 2016
  3. RobEA Win User
    Radar Observation Map doesn't display in Windows 10 Weather APP

Windows 10 Weather APP does not display the Radar Observation Map when selected. All other elements of Weather App are working fine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

RobEA, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Welcome to the Ten Forums Rbourgeon *Smile

Most probably it is because the Region set in Settings app. In my case although living expat life in Germany but as I want as much as possible in Windows to be in English, I have manually set computer location to United Kingdom:

This gives me all maps, also in Weather app in English:

5. rbourgeon Win User
    Hello Kari,

Thank you for your reply, it worked like a charm! *Biggrin

rbourgeon, Mar 28, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language - Similar Threads - Weather app maps

2. Google maps and weather maps display black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google maps and weather maps display black screen: This morning, these and other apps involving maps now show instead a black/blank area. This is on Windows 11 Home, an HP AIO PC using Intel UHD Graphics 770.Any ideas on what's going on here?...
  3. Google maps and weather maps display black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google maps and weather maps display black screen: This morning, these and other apps involving maps now show instead a black/blank area. This is on Windows 11 Home, an HP AIO PC using Intel UHD Graphics 770.Any ideas on what's going on here?...
  4. Windows Weather app won't display maps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Weather app won't display maps.: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Now, my Weather app isn't working properly: maps won't display. The other options work normally, but the maps page won't display any maps. All I get is the "eternal roller-coaster".I have done the following:Run the Windows Store...
  5. Windows Weather app won't display maps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Weather app won't display maps.: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Now, my Weather app isn't working properly: maps won't display. The other options work normally, but the maps page won't display any maps. All I get is the "eternal roller-coaster".I have done the following:Run the Windows Store...
  6. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  7. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  8. Display language and input language differences

Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  9. Different language in different apps

Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  10. Different Keyboard and Display Language

Different Keyboard and Display Language: Hello there. I am deperately trying to keep my english display language, but changing the default keyboard layout to german or french. I did everything described in the web, including Time & Language settings, advanced keyboard settings etc. For the solution with the...