Windows 10: Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location

Discus and support Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. The weather app tile in the Start menu has always shown the incorrect location. It shows my location to be an enclave six miles from where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xlr8tx, May 4, 2021.

1. xlr8tx Win User

Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location

Hello. The weather app tile in the Start menu has always shown the incorrect location. It shows my location to be an enclave six miles from where I actually am. I've tried several "solutions" that I've found online but they never correct the issue. It's been six weeks since I got my laptop and I'm at my wits end as to how to fix this. Version20H2 OS build19042.928

:)

xlr8tx, May 4, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Via the Microsoft Store. If you have the store set for automatic updates, then it should happen on its own...

Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

If like me you have turned off automatic updates then open the store. After a little while it should tell you at the top right how many updates are available. Click on the number, then click on each of the listed apps that you want to update.

Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location [​IMG]

Bree, May 5, 2021
  3. Bree Win User

As Hemut says, tell it to stop detecting your location and set a Default location instead.

Though Microsoft's list of locations has had some bugs in the past. My location's name exists in both the UK and Australia. A year ago it kept insisting on setting the Australian one, even though I specifically selected the UK one. Your bug sounds like it's the same problem as mine was. My bug got fixed in a Weather app update, try updating your app.

Bree, May 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, are you connected by Wifi or ethernet?

Have you tried these settings in the app?

dalchina, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location - Similar Threads - Weather App Tile

2. Weather tile in start menu shows only Fahrenheit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weather tile in start menu shows only Fahrenheit: [ATTACH] I didn't notice when it exactly changed, probably few days ago. Switching it in options to Celsius doesn't work for tile (because app normally shows Celsius whole time)....
  3. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location: HiRunning Windows 10 build 19044.2130The weather tile in the start menu is showing a incorrect location, about 140 KM from the correct location.The default location for windows 10 is set correctly .The version of the weather tile does allow me to add the correct location,...
  4. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location: HiRunning Windows 10 build 19044.2130The weather tile in the start menu is showing a incorrect location, about 140 KM from the correct location.The default location for windows 10 is set correctly .The version of the weather tile does allow me to add the correct location,...
  5. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  7. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  8. Start menu weather tile

Start menu weather tile: My start menu weather tile displayed temps and so forth when this installation of Win 10 was new (about four days ago). I didn't mess with it because I kind of liked it there. But now it is just a turquoise coloured tile...no information at all...and when I click on it it...
  9. Weather App Shows Incorrect Location

Weather App Shows Incorrect Location: Split from this thread. I am showing information for weather in Washington when I am in Denton, TX. I have tried to press Reset and that didn't work. Is there somewhere I can change the info myself....
  10. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location

Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location: Hello, While I have updated the default city inside the weather app itself, the tile that appears on the start menu and the information that appears on the lock screen still have the location set as Washington, D.C. I have tried changing the location back and forth in the...