Windows 10: Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.

Discus and support Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a minor annoyance which I would like to get rid of. Every now and then I would have a weather warning of cities such as Kenmore, NY. I am in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidhk, Jan 13, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.

I have a minor annoyance which I would like to get rid of.
    Every now and then I would have a weather warning of cities such as Kenmore, NY.
    I am in Canada, living in a "border city", separated by a lake from USA.
    My weather app is set correctly and weather shown corresponds correctly to the city I live in.
    So far so good.

Why do I care what is the weather in Kenmore ?
    I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.
    Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Adding................... There is nothing under Maps. No radar observation. Nothing is added in the category.

:)

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

MSN Weather app installs but not working after creators update

Is the MSN weather app different than the Weather app in All apps?

lacrumb, Jan 13, 2016
  3. glance screen

There are weather apps that can be set to show your weather on the lock screen. I use the "Amazing Weather HD" app on my
    phone and there's a setting within that app that I could set to show weather from that app on my phone's lockscreen.

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 13, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.

Have you looked at the places icon
    Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings. [​IMG]
    Note I have noticed that on my computer after changing a location it may take a while for your change's to stick

Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings. [​IMG]

sml156, Jan 13, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I mentioned Maps but forgot to mention Places. My fault.

I have nothing in Places except my city.

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    Whenever I install Win 10 for some reason it defaults to Washington DC and after changing it to my town I have noticed that it takes more than a day ( can't remember I think 2 ) for it to forget it.

If that is not your problem I don't know what would cause that behaviour

sml156, Jan 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    No, no.
    This computer has been running Win 10 RTM since July 29th, last year with exactly the same settings anywhere.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings. - Similar Threads - Weather app can't

2. msn weather app language settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msn weather app language settings.: MSN weather app has a language which is not my preferred one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-language-settings/69c032bf-9a0e-4009-ba69-a014a077432d
  3. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings: For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of the alert, with absolutely no text detailing what the advisory/warning is about. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop...
  4. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings: For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of the alert, with absolutely no text detailing what the advisory/warning is about. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop...
  5. Red Weather warnings - UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Weather warnings - UK: The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes,...
  6. Red Weather warnings - UK

Red Weather warnings - UK: The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes,...
  7. Red Weather warnings - UK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Weather App

Weather App: Windows 10 is already the most catastrophic OS of all time - and now this: The "Weather App" is no longer what it used to be. A new Microsoft feature, so to speak. I had a list with about 20 favorite places. This list was ordered from north to south An alphabetical...
  9. Weather App

Weather App: Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it doesn't launch the app. If I use the search and launch from there, same result, it doesn't start. The store works fine; I...
  10. Weather App

Weather App: So the weather app in W10 preview is an updated version that is somewhat half broke. I figured out how to get the old version. Open PowerShell as an administrator and enter Code: Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Then go to the...