Windows 10: Weather Feature

Discus and support Weather Feature in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Would someone be kind enough to explain me how does the weather widget functions ? It appeared like a week ago and it displays weather next to the part... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Canuk8, Jun 30, 2021.

1. /u/Canuk8 Win User

Weather Feature

Would someone be kind enough to explain me how does the weather widget functions ? It appeared like a week ago and it displays weather next to the part of the screen that shows battery and wi fi but the location that shows of the weather are of surrounding cities not my own of why is this? Should I be concerned? I would love to have an answer for this thanks and have a good day

submitted by /u/Canuk8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Canuk8, Jun 30, 2021

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    App Update Issue (MSN Weather)

Hi Kieran,

This time, let's try to focus on the Weather app itself. first troubleshooting step that we can suggest is to reset the Weather app, and see how it goes. Here are the steps:

• Type Apps & features on the Cortana search box. Hit the
      Enter key.
    • Scroll down and click Weather.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your PC and see if it will update properly this time.

Another step that we can try is the Windows app troubleshooter. Feel free to check out
    this link for more information and download link.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Weather Feature

Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Weather Feature

1. Weather Feature - Similar Threads - Weather Feature

2. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...
  3. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...
  4. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  5. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  6. I just had a power outage, and the weather lock screen widget thingee has no rounded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just had a power outage, and the weather lock screen widget thingee has no rounded...: My power Randomly went out and when I went onto my PC the Weather Lock screen Widget has no Rounded corners anymore instead it has Windows 10 era corners, did I break it or is this a glitch....
  7. I just had a power outage, and the weather lock screen widget thingee has no rounded...

I just had a power outage, and the weather lock screen widget thingee has no rounded...: My power Randomly went out and when I went onto my PC the Weather Lock screen Widget has no Rounded corners anymore instead it has Windows 10 era corners, did I break it or is this a glitch....
  8. Microsoft Weather Sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather Sign-in: I have Microsoft Weather on my desktop computer and use it almost daily. It has very reliable information concerning the weather, allergens, etc. I enjoyed participating in the E-Tree project for a long time but now I'm having a problem with that. Because of not having enough...
  9. Microsoft Weather Sign-in

Microsoft Weather Sign-in: I have Microsoft Weather on my desktop computer and use it almost daily. It has very reliable information concerning the weather, allergens, etc. I enjoyed participating in the E-Tree project for a long time but now I'm having a problem with that. Because of not having enough...
  10. Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts.: Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts. In Indiana, I notice a notification of a Tornado watch a few minutes ago. Don't know if that is related to the weather app or if it is related to something else. The weather app has not shown the Tornado watch...