Windows 10: Weather icon not showing

Discus and support Weather icon not showing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want just messing around with latest update of news and interests and something weird happen it is not showing the weather icon instead it shows news... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yrao2, Jul 6, 2021.

1. yrao2 Win User

Weather icon not showing

I want just messing around with latest update of news and interests and something weird happen it is not showing the weather icon instead it shows news icon I want the weather back it was awesome : , I saw the settings that weather card was turned on but still it is not showing the weather icon or the weather card after opening news interests.it is something like this

:)

yrao2, Jul 6, 2021

2. Weather

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when running, the icon Weather?

Renaldo cru, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps to set your default location and check if that helps.

1. Type Weather on search and click on setting (Gear icon)

2. Select your location and set as default.

Follow the Steps to set Weather app in lock screen.

• Type Lock screen setting in Search.
    • Under Choose an app to show the detailed status.
    • Select Weather; restart your computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Weather icon not showing

Weather in Windows 10 Lock Screen

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

If you want to add weather app in the lock screen follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on notifications in PC Settings. (This should be on by default.)

• Open the Settings Charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Notifications.
    • Slide the Show app notifications and Show app notifications on the lock screen switches to On.

Step 2: Add the Weather app to lock screen notifications

• Open the Settings charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Personalize.
    • In the right pane, with the Lock screen tab selected, under Choose apps to run in the background… tap or click one of the “plus” symbols and select Weather.
    Then under Choose an app to display detailed status, tap or click the icon beneath it and select Weather.

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Weather icon not showing

1. Weather icon not showing - Similar Threads - Weather icon showing

2. Weather widget shows sun icon at night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget shows sun icon at night: My weather widget is not working correctly. It shows sun in night. This problem came 3 days back. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 'Windows Web Experience Pack' but nothing worked. I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 22621.1555.If somebody knows how to fix this...
  3. Weather widget shows sun icon at night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather widget shows sun icon at night: My weather widget is not working correctly. It shows sun in night. This problem came 3 days back. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 'Windows Web Experience Pack' but nothing worked. I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 22621.1555.If somebody knows how to fix this...
  4. Widget icon not showing weather - windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget icon not showing weather - windows 11: Hi,on my notebook not working widget icon. widgets work normally, but icon not showing weather. There is only this blue icon. Does anyone know how to fix this? I did a clean install of windows and it didn't help. I know it's nothing serious, but my autistic self can't ignore...
  5. Widget icon not showing weather - windows 11

Widget icon not showing weather - windows 11: Hi,on my notebook not working widget icon. widgets work normally, but icon not showing weather. There is only this blue icon. Does anyone know how to fix this? I did a clean install of windows and it didn't help. I know it's nothing serious, but my autistic self can't ignore...
  6. Weather Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Icons: Hello, just wondering if there's a legend for the weather icons on my taskbar for Windows 10.I've been seeing a large pink/red moon-looking thing and would like to know what it means.TIA!...
  7. Weather Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Icons: Hello, just wondering if there's a legend for the weather icons on my taskbar for Windows 10.I've been seeing a large pink/red moon-looking thing and would like to know what it means.TIA!...
  8. Weather Icons

9. Weather icon not showing on Windows 11 taskbar, just a widget icon.

Weather icon not showing on Windows 11 taskbar, just a widget icon.: I've updated Windows 11 on two other pcs and they are both showing the new weather icon. For some reason, it's not working on this one and it's a brand new laptop. What can I do to change this?...
  10. News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon: Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-weather-widget-on-taskbar-not-showing/8b3b302d-dc26-4cd9-a8da-d24a7deb6aa7