Windows 10: Weather in Windows

Discus and support Weather in Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting random weather from places I've never been to. Corby, Kettering and now Northampton. How do I delete these to leave only my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fyefye83, Nov 2, 2015.

1. fyefye83 Win User

Weather in Windows

Hi,
    I keep getting random weather from places I've never been to. Corby, Kettering and now Northampton. How do I delete these to leave only my home location? Simple instructions would be helpful.

:)

fyefye83, Nov 2, 2015

2. Metric units in Weather App in Windows 10

Hello Ronald,

We understand your requirement in this regard.

The MSN Weather app - One beautiful, easy-to-use app that allows you to browse weather for right now, today or the week for your current location and see average temps and record data for your location and around the world! You can learn all about the weather
    with our easy-to-use online reference of weather facts and terminology.

Suggest you to check with the below MSN Weather app support links and see if they helps you.

All about the MSN Weather app - Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3042479

Get help with the MSN Weather app:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3005106

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 2, 2015
  3. RonaldMcD Win User
    Metric units in Weather App in Windows 10

Have just installed Weather App in Windows 10 and am enjoying it but cannot find how to switch to metric units (except for degrees Celsius) eg wind speed or visibility. Can anyone help?

RonaldMcD, Nov 2, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Weather in Windows

Sounds like weather might be trying to use what it thinks is your location. This is based on your IP and isn't always accurate. You can see where you ip appears to be on this website What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More

You could change this behavior in Weather app settings (cog at the bottom) to set a default location. Then you can delete the old places by going to Places (the star symbols with lines) and right click on the places you don't want.

Weather in Windows [​IMG]

lx07, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

Weather in Windows

1. Weather in Windows - Similar Threads - Weather

2. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  3. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  4. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  5. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  6. Why is MSN Weather taking forever to load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MSN Weather taking forever to load?: When I want to check the weather forecast with the MSN Weather app it frequently takes several minutes to load or I give up wasting so much time watching the dots rotating at other times it will load within 30 seconds or so. I have been using this app. for some while and this...
  7. Why is MSN Weather taking forever to load?

Why is MSN Weather taking forever to load?: When I want to check the weather forecast with the MSN Weather app it frequently takes several minutes to load or I give up wasting so much time watching the dots rotating at other times it will load within 30 seconds or so. I have been using this app. for some while and this...
  8. Weather Widget Varies with Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Widget Varies with Size: I honestly had not noticed this in Medium Weather 'til now... it may not be anything new. Thought I'd share it, no matter. The Weather Widget offers different things depending on what size is used:Small is very minimalThis is Medium which offers 5 Hourly temps, 5 Daily temps...
  9. Weather Widget Varies with Size

Weather Widget Varies with Size: I honestly had not noticed this in Medium Weather 'til now... it may not be anything new. Thought I'd share it, no matter. The Weather Widget offers different things depending on what size is used:Small is very minimalThis is Medium which offers 5 Hourly temps, 5 Daily temps...
  10. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...