Windows 10: Weather Location and Edge

Discus and support Weather Location and Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open Edge browser it shows the weather in London (UK) which is near but not exactly local to me. Can the weather location be changed to suit my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gordon99, Sep 9, 2015.

1. gordon99 Win User

Weather Location and Edge

When I open Edge browser it shows the weather in London (UK) which is near but not exactly local to me. Can the weather location be changed to suit my location without it reverting to London weather when I reopen Edge?

:)

gordon99, Sep 9, 2015

2. Change physical location in Windows 10?

I have the same problem and I can understand the frustrations people are feeling.

I can change the location on the weather forecast in Microsoft edge, but after closing and re-opening it has gone back to a place 500 kms away.

What we are all looking for is a method of changing this location which is permanent, i.e. whenever we open up edge the weather forecast is for our location, not a place 500kms or so away.

Personally I think w10 is RS.

CyrilHorsey, Sep 9, 2015
  3. KenLyle Win User
    change location settings in windows 10

How do I change "location" for weather so it will stay set? This seems to be a problem for the "New Edge"?

When I select "My City" it keeps resetting to the "Wrong City"?

KenLyle, Sep 9, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi gordon99,
    Click the small weather window to maximise, click the settings wheel by your profile, then change to a nearest place to London. I have tried it, it stays as my setting after rebooting.

Weather Location and Edge [​IMG]

brummyfan, Sep 9, 2015
  5. gordon99 Win User
    You're better at it than me brummyfan. Every time I select Watford, Hertfordshire it reverts to London. The maximised weather page shows Watford weather when I select Watford but as soon as I move off the page and go back to Edge, its London weather again.

gordon99, Sep 10, 2015
  6. Judesman Win User
    Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem.

Judesman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather Location and Edge - Similar Threads - Weather Location Edge

2. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  3. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  4. Weather Card - Location History

Weather Card - Location History: Pardon me, would you guys mind telling me the way to delete the location history from my weather card. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-card-location-history/9bc5ab66-1877-4dea-8d91-6861fab35d12
  5. Weather Card - Location History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Card - Location History: Pardon me, would you guys mind telling me the way to delete the location history from my weather card. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-card-location-history/9bc5ab66-1877-4dea-8d91-6861fab35d12
  6. Wrong weather and traffic location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong weather and traffic location: I recently installed win updates on my PC. Before I noticed this, my weather showed an accurate location despite having location settings off. Now after the update, my weather and traffic location show Riga, Latvia. I tried changing the settings, going from "Always detect my...
  7. Weather location

Weather location: Every day when I open my browser the weather is for NY. how do I keep my weather location on Lumberton, MS.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-location/e5bcd2a7-1685-4b50-9242-b1a9c8da4045
  8. Edge weather vanished.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge weather vanished.: I have been away and turned off my computer, router and all. I now find having turned everything on again that when I open Edge the weather and sport that used to appear top right on home page has vanished. How can I get it back please? 109585
  9. Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

in Browsers and Email
    Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page: I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this has happened. If I go to edit on the weather app and change manually to my location and save it will change but if I close...
  10. Location for MSN Weather

in Browsers and Email
    Location for MSN Weather: how do I change the location so it shows the weather for my location 25114