Windows 10: Weather location

Discus and support Weather location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every day when I open my browser the weather is for NY. how do I keep my weather location on Lumberton, MS.?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shron777, Oct 23, 2018.

1. shron777 Win User

Weather location

Every day when I open my browser the weather is for NY. how do I keep my weather location on Lumberton, MS.?

:)

shron777, Oct 23, 2018

2. How Do I change the weather location on Desktop?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In Weather app by default it takes the system location. You have to search manually to look out for weather of particular location.

I suggest you to set your region and language and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Clock, Region and Language.

• Click on Language to set your language as default.

• Next select Region and in the dropdown select country as
      your region.
    There is no option to change the location of the Weather in Weather app. I suggest you to give your feedback in feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Location incorrect in weather app and find my device

Windows 10 has several settings that control access to a device's location. They can be found under:

Settings -> Privacy -> Location

The first two settings are called Location and Location service. If either one is turned off, then Windows will NOT REVEAL your location to apps that ask.
    Location is a system-wide setting, and if turned on, then
    Location service
    controls location access for the current user only.

• Make sure that Location and Location service are both turned on.

The next setting lets you specify a Default location to be used whenever Windows cannot determine your location with any degree of accuracy or confidence. I'll come back to this setting in a moment.

This is followed by a way to Clear your location history stored on this device, as well as
    some links to manage or review information concerning your location online.

After that, you should see a list of Apps. This is where you can allow or deny location access on a per-app basis.

• Make sure this setting is turned on for the "Weather App" and "Find My Device".

Please note that despite having identical names, this more general Windows 10
    Default location
    setting does NOT work in the same way as the Default location setting in the Weather App. The Weather App will
    always use its default location if one is specified. Windows 10 only uses its more general default location setting if all else fails. I have devised an experiment, which exploits that difference. I think it should be able to identify the
    underlying location problem on your system.

• Start the Weather App and select the Settings tab. Make sure that
      Launch Location is set to "Always detect my location".
      Exit the Weather App.
    • Go to the general Windows 10 Settings -> Privacy -> Location and temporarily set your
      Default Location to somewhere that's way off - wrong by thousands of miles (let's say Timbuktu in Mali).
    • Note which of the following networks are up and accessible form your Surface Pro 2017:

(a) Ethernet, (b) Wi-Fi, (c) Bluetooth, (d) cell phone connectivity (via optional LTE-Advanced modem).
    • Start the Weather App again and select the Favorites tab. Make a note of the first listed favorite (the Launch Location), and exit the Weather App.
    • If it is Timbuktu (Windows hasn't got a clue where you are), then go to Step 9.
    • If it is Cape Coral (Windows THINKS it knows where you are, but it's WRONG), then go to Step 8.
    • If it is Knoxville (Windows got it right), then the
      Location Service works correctly when Windows has access to the infrastructure of the networks you noted as available in Step 3. Go to Step 8.
    • To reproduce the problem and perhaps isolate the cause, disable all the networks listed in Step 3. Then re-enable each of the networks ONE AT A TIME, repeating the steps from Step 3 each time. If you ever get to Step 6, then the one-and-only enabled network
      that time is the SOURCE OF YOUR PROBLEM. If you ever get to Step 7, then ADD the one-and-only enabled network that time to YOUR LIST of reliable location sources.

SOLUTION A:

(a) Ensre that a network on YOUR LIST of reliable location sources is up and available.

(b) Whenever you require an accurate location, ensure that the network observed to be the SOURCE OF YOUR PROBLEM is neither up nor available.
    • Using the infrastructure of the networks you noted as available in Step 3, Windows was not able to determine your location with any degree of accuracy or confidence. Enable as many of the networks listed in Step 3 as you can. Restart the experiment at Step
      3. If you still end up here, then you MUST EITHER modify the general Windows 10
      Default location
      setting every time you need an accurate location OR ...

SOLUTION B:

Move back to Cape Coral, Florida.

Phew!

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Weather location

how do i delete a location from the favorites in the weather app?

Hello Felix,

If you're referring to the pre-installed Weather app in Windows 10, then you may remove certain location by navigating to the
    Places option for Weather app.

To delete a location from weather app, please follow these steps:

• Open your Weather app.
    • Right-click the Weather app window to get the advanced options.
    • Click the Places icon.
    • If there is only one location, click the + button to add another location on the Weather app.
    • Right-click on the new location to get the app bar and click on Set as default.
    • Once the new location has been set as default, right-click on the old location and click on
      Remove on the app bar.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Weather location

1. Weather location - Similar Threads - Weather location

2. How do I remove a location on weather?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a location on weather?: I have opened the weather options and clicked Manage Locations. I have added my new location, and chosen it as my primary location. My previous location still has a black arrow next to it and I cannot remove it. How do I remove it?...
  3. How do I remove a location on weather?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a location on weather?: I have opened the weather options and clicked Manage Locations. I have added my new location, and chosen it as my primary location. My previous location still has a black arrow next to it and I cannot remove it. How do I remove it?...
  4. How do I remove a location on weather?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park?: MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-weather-app-shows-my-locations-as-feltham/6679275d-67e6-46e0-9ebb-44d0ae40cb0b
  6. MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park?

MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park?: MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-weather-app-shows-my-locations-as-feltham/6679275d-67e6-46e0-9ebb-44d0ae40cb0b
  7. Wrong location for BING weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong location for BING weather: I know I've complained about this before, but it's chronic now. No matter how many times I reiterate my city I get weather from miles off! I can't get the temperature to come up as Fahrenheit without manually changing it, either. Same on Win 10 pc. Help, please....
  8. Wrong location for BING weather

Wrong location for BING weather: I know I've complained about this before, but it's chronic now. No matter how many times I reiterate my city I get weather from miles off! I can't get the temperature to come up as Fahrenheit without manually changing it, either. Same on Win 10 pc. Help, please....
  9. How to fix W11 weather widget detecting wrong location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix W11 weather widget detecting wrong location?: I am running W11 Pro 21H2 on my desktop pc. Recently, the weather widget has started to display the weather from the wrong location. It appears it thinks I am located in Athens Texas, when I am atually located in Seminole, FL. I tried to delete the Athens TX location in the...
  10. How to fix W11 weather widget detecting wrong location?

How to fix W11 weather widget detecting wrong location?: I am running W11 Pro 21H2 on my desktop pc. Recently, the weather widget has started to display the weather from the wrong location. It appears it thinks I am located in Athens Texas, when I am atually located in Seminole, FL. I tried to delete the Athens TX location in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msn weather app wont change default location