Windows 10: Weather service for Windows 10

Discus and support Weather service for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anybody recommend a desktop weather service for Windows 10 that I can download and install? (I avoid the Microsoft store like the plague.)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alfred_bowman, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Weather service for Windows 10

Can anybody recommend a desktop weather service for Windows 10 that I can download and install? (I avoid the Microsoft store like the plague.)

:)

alfred_bowman, Dec 2, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Issues with weather channel app on Windows 10.

Hi Brigitte,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "the weather channel on line and downloaded it --- or tried", are you referring of downloading and installing weather app from the website?
    • When you say that "I could not find any weather channel files on my computer", have you tried to search for the application through search bar?
    • When you say that "It seems to download fine, says ‘you own this program’", are you trying to download from Windows Store?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft account or Local Account?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run Windows update troubleshooter to check for any changes in Windows update settings. Also start Windows installer services and try to download weather app through Windows Store.
    Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the Windows Update troubleshooter to check for any change in Windows update settings. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Installer services and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows installer.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

If you have installed the weather app from the website, then I suggest you to search for the application through steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Weather" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to open it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with weather app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Weather service for Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Weather service for Windows 10

1. Weather service for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weather service

2. Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...: Works fine when I sign in though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-on-lockscreen-would-not-show-in/ef1dce5f-e623-4b49-9c8e-efaf1122c79a
  3. Windows 11 Widgets - how can you enable the service but only have the weather widget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Widgets - how can you enable the service but only have the weather widget?: I have been going through and blocking all the news feeds which are on by default in windows 11 widgets. All I want is the weather to show. Any thoughts?...
  4. Windows 11 Widgets - how can you enable the service but only have the weather widget?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Widgets - how can you enable the service but only have the weather widget?: I have been going through and blocking all the news feeds which are on by default in windows 11 widgets. All I want is the weather to show. Any thoughts?...
  5. The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.: All weather services except Weather Underground are inaccurate for my location, off by as much as 10 degrees F, as well as inaccurate for other weather events such as cloudiness, precipitation, etc.. Zip code, city, etc. are bad information to rely on, as is the IP address...
  6. The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.

The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.: All weather services except Weather Underground are inaccurate for my location, off by as much as 10 degrees F, as well as inaccurate for other weather events such as cloudiness, precipitation, etc.. Zip code, city, etc. are bad information to rely on, as is the IP address...
  7. Weather widget "Service not available in your region."

Weather widget "Service not available in your region.": I am personally in China, due to the laws of my country, I can not directly access weather information through the weather widget; In addition, when searching for a location, you will be prompted "Cannot connect to service". I also installed the English version of Windows in...
  8. Weather widget "Service not available in your region."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget "Service not available in your region.": I am personally in China, due to the laws of my country, I can not directly access weather information through the weather widget; In addition, when searching for a location, you will be prompted "Cannot connect to service". I also installed the English version of Windows in...
  9. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on-How to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-shows-washington-when-i-live-in-california/bb7b2d06-c66f-4b44-93e4-04189d0a310e
  10. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on How can I get it to have the correct location?...