Windows 10: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

Discus and support Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on How can I get it to have the correct location?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KathyBeck1, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

How can I get it to have the correct location?

:)

KathyBeck1, Nov 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

BRAND NEW reinstall of Win10. Fully updated.

Weather app LiveTile in start menu has me living in Washington D.C.

Weather forecast on Lock Screen has me living in Washington D.C.

If I click on the Weather app itself, and the app opens up, it shows my correct location of Phoenix, AZ. I have allowed it to use my precise location.

I have run SFC to no effect.

I have reset and uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. I have unpinned and repinned the LiveTile to no effect.

My time zone is set correctly on the Time app.

This is driving me crazy

BananaFrappe, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???

I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for
    WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona.

Also, the weather function on the lock screen also gives WASHINGTON D.C. weather, not my actual location.

I have (repeatedly) done various combinations of the following:

- uninstalling/reinstalling it

- resetting it

- MS store app troubleshooter

- changed the default location on the computer

- set the location on the app

- saved a favorite location on settings

- run SFC scannow (no errors found)

- hard reboots (holding power key for 60secs when power up)

- booted in safe mode

- turned antivirus off

- turned antivirus back on.

...and a few other things that I can't think of right now.

BTW.... there are NO restore points where this worked. This is a brand new RE-INSTALL. Neither the LiveTile nor the location on the lock screen have ever worked since reinstalling Win10.

Is there a fix to this yet? IT IS VERY, VERY ANNOYING!!!

Is there a fix yet???

Please any MS employees who may read this.... actually READ this entire query and don't give me a useless, stock copy-pasta answer.

BananaFrappe, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

Wrong location for weather on lock screen

I just resolved the issue of the lock screen showing the weather for Washington D.C., even though that's not where I live. Open the Weather app. If it's the first time, it will give the option to detect your location or use the default location you've
    set. If the location has not been set in the app, it will show Washington D.C.

Hope that helps.

DaveWalters0220, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

1. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on - Similar Threads - Weather shows Washington

2. i have wrong location i Live Skokie Il

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have wrong location i Live Skokie Il: i been Trying to swicth my current Location bakc to Skokie form Gary ind last time i last it was Skokie IL anyhelp would be nice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-wrong-location-i-live-skokie-il/94db16d7-237b-4db8-a3c0-6aba34c78634
  3. i have wrong location i Live Skokie Il

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have wrong location i Live Skokie Il: i been Trying to swicth my current Location bakc to Skokie form Gary ind last time i last it was Skokie IL anyhelp would be nice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-wrong-location-i-live-skokie-il/94db16d7-237b-4db8-a3c0-6aba34c78634
  4. Weather showing wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather showing wrong location: Hello, I have the latest version of the Microsoft weather app on windows 10 and the location is showing the wrong location when set to detect my location. location is enabled in-app settings, privacy settings, and the icon that shows location is being used on the taskbar is...
  5. Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location

Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location: After trying the various "solutions" offered for this problem, that unfortunately don't work, where do we go from here? It appears that the thread has died a death.It seems that this is indeed a Microsoft problem.Is Microsoft aware of it?If not, how do we make Microsoft aware...
  6. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on-How to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-shows-washington-when-i-live-in-california/bb7b2d06-c66f-4b44-93e4-04189d0a310e
  7. Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???: I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona. Also, the weather function on the lock...
  8. Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.: BRAND NEW reinstall of Win10. Fully updated. Weather app LiveTile in start menu has me living in Washington D.C. Weather forecast on Lock Screen has me living in Washington D.C. If I click on the Weather app itself, and the app opens up, it shows my correct location of...
  9. MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC: Forum The other day my MSN Weather App started to show Washinton DV from the live tile. But when I clicked on it the app defaults to my locaiton (St Louis) . Closing it back down the live tile defaults to Washinton D.C. I've reset it, uninstalled it, searched the...
  10. Weather app: Have live tile on but it shows nothing unless I click it? Have it set to large.

Weather app: Have live tile on but it shows nothing unless I click it? Have it set to large.: Have live tile on but it shows nothing unless I click it? Have it set to large. 31532