Windows 10: Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

Discus and support Weather task bar not showing weather when opened? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the weather shown in the taskbar, but when I click/hover over it, it won't show the local weather when it previously has. I've tried adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jenna_20, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Jenna_20 Win User

Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

I have the weather shown in the taskbar, but when I click/hover over it, it won't show the local weather when it previously has. I've tried adding weather and local weather to my feed, but it hasn't made it show up. the blue weather box is what I'm missing. And no, I'm NOT talking about the lock screen.

:)

Jenna_20, Jun 11, 2021

2. Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

Weather Settings are showing wrong forecast

When you click the icon the MSN weather page opened, Let us try to change the location of your MSN weather app.

Set the weather for my current location.

• Open MSN weather page.
    • Right-click with your mouse.
    • Click the button marked Current Location.

To add a favorite location.

• Open MSN weather page.
    • Right-click with your mouse.
    • Click the tile at the top of the screen marked Places.
    • Click the + button.
    • Enter the name of the location.
    • Click your chosen location in the list and click Add.

Let us know the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

1. Weather task bar not showing weather when opened? - Similar Threads - Weather task bar

2. Weather Update in Task bar not displaying.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Update in Task bar not displaying.: Using Windows 10 updated operating system. Most recently updated on 03 August 2021.Windows update are up to date.I cannot able to see "Weather update in Task bar" even after updated Windows 10.Weather update only available in bottom position of the Task bar. Its not available...
  3. weather card not showing

weather card not showing: I am seeing the newspaper-like symbol instead of a weather card on the taskbar. why weather card text and symbol is not showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-card-not-showing/6ab15db9-e44a-4650-b493-14e05a8d88e1
  4. Weather icon not showing

Weather icon not showing: I want just messing around with latest update of news and interests and something weird happen it is not showing the weather icon instead it shows news icon I want the weather back it was awesome : , I saw the settings that weather card was turned on but still it is not...
  5. weather "widget" on task bar - wrong location

weather "widget" on task bar - wrong location: Hello,With the most recent update to Windows 10, it has installed a weather "widget" on the task bar - displaying the temperature and weather information.But it has my location as a town several hundred kilometres away from my location, and no way of changing it....
  6. Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar

Chinese weather and news ? widged in task bar: For some reason, a widged displaying the weather in Peking and chinese news appeared in my task bar and I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried getting rid of it by clicking on different menu options, but am having a hard time achieving anything since I dont speak...
  7. Weather and news bar

Weather and news bar: How to change this stupid °F to °C in new weather and news bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-and-news-bar/3b465c5a-058e-4e25-99d1-a44d345e47b2
  8. Weather Display in Windows task bar

Weather Display in Windows task bar: Is it possible to display the current outside temperature in the windows taskbar where the date and time are displayed? I was told to drag the weather tile there but the tile does not want to stay there. BTW, why does Microsoft continue to show info for unsupported...
  9. Weather Map not showing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather Map not showing?: [img] how to fix this? also I cant access the Universal Applications folder, the apps seems to be working fine tho but the folder is in-accessible. 29989
  10. Calendar Shows Weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Shows Weather: On the Calendar app it has started to finally show the weather, just like the one in outlook(dot)com now. I don't know if this is new and mine has just kicked in, but the setting for it has been in the apps options for sometime but no temps or suns & clouds showed.... [img]...