Windows 10: Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

Discus and support Weather task bar not showing weather when opened? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the weather shown in the taskbar, but when I click/hover over it, it won't show the local weather when it previously has. I've tried adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jenna_20, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Jenna_20 Win User

Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

I have the weather shown in the taskbar, but when I click/hover over it, it won't show the local weather when it previously has. I've tried adding weather and local weather to my feed, but it hasn't made it show up. the blue weather box is what I'm missing. And no, I'm NOT talking about the lock screen.

:)

Jenna_20, Jun 11, 2021

2. Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

Weather Settings are showing wrong forecast

When you click the icon the MSN weather page opened, Let us try to change the location of your MSN weather app.

Set the weather for my current location.

• Open MSN weather page.
    • Right-click with your mouse.
    • Click the button marked Current Location.

To add a favorite location.

• Open MSN weather page.
    • Right-click with your mouse.
    • Click the tile at the top of the screen marked Places.
    • Click the + button.
    • Enter the name of the location.
    • Click your chosen location in the list and click Add.

Let us know the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Weather task bar not showing weather when opened?

1. Weather task bar not showing weather when opened? - Similar Threads - Weather task bar

2. Weather widget on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on the task bar: The weather widget on the task bar is frozen at the night time temperature from a few days ago. I've tried turning it off then turning it on but it's unchanged. Any ideas of how to get it to work? Thank you!...
  3. Weather widget on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather widget on the task bar: The weather widget on the task bar is frozen at the night time temperature from a few days ago. I've tried turning it off then turning it on but it's unchanged. Any ideas of how to get it to work? Thank you!...
  4. The weather and news icon on the task bar

The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  5. Task Bar Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Weather: After a recent update I now see the weather on my taskbar. However it always starts with Detroit Michigan which is way off from northern Kentucky. I have to go in and manually change it every day. Very annoying. Why won't it remember how I've changed it?I've gone in to...
  6. Task Bar Weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Weather: After a recent update I now see the weather on my taskbar. However it always starts with Detroit Michigan which is way off from northern Kentucky. I have to go in and manually change it every day. Very annoying. Why won't it remember how I've changed it?I've gone in to...
  7. Task Bar Weather

8. Weather button on Task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather button on Task bar: When I click on the weather buttonshown above it pulls up a box with a bunch of stuff I don't care aboutshown below. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to show only weather statistics or something more helpful? Thank you...
  9. Weather button on Task bar

Weather button on Task bar: When I click on the weather buttonshown above it pulls up a box with a bunch of stuff I don't care aboutshown below. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to show only weather statistics or something more helpful? Thank you...
  10. Weather button on Task bar

in Windows 10 Customization