Windows 10: Weather widget doesn't show when taskbar location on screen is set to "Top", "Left" or "Right"

Discus and support Weather widget doesn't show when taskbar location on screen is set to "Top", "Left" or "Right" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The weather widget only shows up when the taskbar location on screen is set to "Bottom". I like to keep the taskbar on top of the screen yes, I'm weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vin.13, Jul 5, 2021.

1. vin.13 Win User

Weather widget doesn't show when taskbar location on screen is set to "Top", "Left" or "Right"

The weather widget only shows up when the taskbar location on screen is set to "Bottom". I like to keep the taskbar on top of the screen yes, I'm weird that way!. However, doing this just leaves a blank space which is really annoying.Moving the taskbar to the bottom however shows the weather widget.Is there a fix to get it to show up even if the taskbar location is not at the bottom? Or at least to make the ugly gap to go away?Thanks!

:)

vin.13, Jul 5, 2021

2. Weather Settings are showing wrong forecast

When you click the icon the MSN weather page opened, Let us try to change the location of your MSN weather app.

Set the weather for my current location.

• Open MSN weather page.
    • Right-click with your mouse.
    • Click the button marked Current Location.

To add a favorite location.

• Open MSN weather page.
    • Right-click with your mouse.
    • Click the tile at the top of the screen marked Places.
    • Click the + button.
    • Enter the name of the location.
    • Click your chosen location in the list and click Add.

Let us know the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Weather widget doesn't show when taskbar location on screen is set to "Top", "Left" or "Right"

808 weather widget - latest forecast not available for any location in India

Hi Musica,

Thanks for the response. Weather guide from the maps application works. It detects Banglore location and shows the weather as well as the forecast.. But when I try it throught the widget or the weather app (with the weather guide open in the backgroud),
    I still get the same error message. Looks like it is something to do with the weather app/widget and strangely only for INDIA.

The map version is 3.09 12wk09 b05 - Map version 0.2.49.104

Thanks

VishweshNarasimhan, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Weather widget doesn't show when taskbar location on screen is set to "Top", "Left" or "Right"

1. Weather widget doesn't show when taskbar location on screen is set to "Top", "Left" or "Right" - Similar Threads - Weather widget doesn't

2. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Widget on Taskbar: The Widget has been showing the current temperature up until now. Suddenly, it shows the maximum temp only. Couldn't find any settings to readjust the setting. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.Window Ver 22H2, build 19045.3208...
  3. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather Widget on Taskbar: The Widget has been showing the current temperature up until now. Suddenly, it shows the maximum temp only. Couldn't find any settings to readjust the setting. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.Window Ver 22H2, build 19045.3208...
  4. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget: I bought a Framework laptop and updated to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. I noticed the new weather section of the taskbar - and noticed that it's always wrong, showing the weather for some other, unknown location.After looking up information online I updated the location for...
  6. Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget: I bought a Framework laptop and updated to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. I noticed the new weather section of the taskbar - and noticed that it's always wrong, showing the weather for some other, unknown location.After looking up information online I updated the location for...
  7. Weather Widget Taskbar on Top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Widget Taskbar on Top: Hi !Everything is in the title.The weather widget is not avaible for user how use the taskbar on top.I try like normal pepole down and I have the widget. So I'm up to date.Can someone now how to activate this widget with the taskbar on top or is is not avaible, do u have a...
  8. Weather Widget Taskbar on Top

Weather Widget Taskbar on Top: Hi !Everything is in the title.The weather widget is not avaible for user how use the taskbar on top.I try like normal pepole down and I have the widget. So I'm up to date.Can someone now how to activate this widget with the taskbar on top or is is not avaible, do u have a...
  9. Weather Widget Taskbar on Top

10. Taskbar weather doesn't appear when its on top.

Taskbar weather doesn't appear when its on top.: why does the weather widget don't appear when taskbar is at top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-weather-doesnt-appear-when-its-on-top/79015052-c10b-478a-9e08-571edef27615