Windows 10: Web account manager

Discus and support Web account manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This happens with minecraft, as it doesn't happen with other store games. Whenever I launch minecraft: Wins10 this service starts to hog my cpu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kevote, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Kevote Win User

Web account manager

This happens with minecraft, as it doesn't happen with other store games. Whenever I launch minecraft: Wins10 this service starts to hog my cpu and basically freezes my computer. Having it so I have to shut down the computer and re power it up. I can fix this, if I quickly stop the service. But this is a hassle, and I want something that permanently fixes it. I've seen other posts where the solutions are to completely stop the service from starting up, but then I can't access any multiplayer because it doesn't allow me to log into my xbox account. Side note, I just tried this while writing this. I opened the xbox app, and the same thing happened, I check Task manager, and of course, web account manager is starting to hog the CPU.

Also, this doesn't happen on a laptop that I bought 3 years ago, with way lower specs than my current almost 1 year old pc. Every other game runs completely fine on this, but Minecraft: wins10 and the xbox app just cause the service to start hogging all the resources.

:)

Kevote, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 26, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    TPU is looking for Web 2.0 Managers

TechPowerUp is looking for members who can manage our official profiles on Twitter and Facebook. It requires you to post content and community updates from TPU (you won't be swamped with them) in a somewhat casual and creative way, socialize and propagate TPU on the Twitter and Facebook ecosystems.

You will be given a nice "Web 2.0 manager" title, and access to a dedicated forum to discuss ideas and strategize.

Interested candidates, step forward.

btarunr, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Web account manager

Windows 10 - Credential Manager lost web passwords

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me conform that Credential Manager stores passwords that are either related to Microsoft account or web browsers to your PC.

- Which passwords are you referring to?

- Are they related to a particular web browser? (I.e. Microsoft Edge or Chrome or Internet Explorer)

If they are related to a web browser, then I suggest you to check by going manually to that particular web browser to see if the saved password is listed there.

Keep us posted the status.

Guru Kiran G, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Web account manager

1. Web account manager - Similar Threads - Web account manager

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. Web interface to manage Active Directory

Web interface to manage Active Directory: Does microsoft provides any web interface to manage Active Directory ? i am running Windows 2016 AD and would like to manage it remotely through web interface.Can you point me into the right directiion please?FG...
  5. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  6. Web account manager eats cpu

Web account manager eats cpu: When I start Movies & Tv on my Surface 3 with the latest Windows updates installed, Web Account Manager eats all available cpu, and I usually have to turn of the computer using the power button since I don't have a keyboard for the device. It started when I installed Windows...
  7. Web Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Credential Manager: I was looking for a password in the Web Credential Manager. I came across an entry I did not recognize. The credential is for http://E93EC0BD-87BD-4933-9E3A-89160C088DA9/. I can find a few people asking about this entry on their computers, but I cannot find an official...
  8. Movies and TV app with Web account Manager freeze entire system

Movies and TV app with Web account Manager freeze entire system: I have a surface go. I recently purchased 'futurama complete series' from the microsoft store. But when I try to download it, or after download it try to download something else, my CPU usage for the 'web account manger' service skyrockets to about 100%, or close to it. I...
  9. Web account manager freezing my entire computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web account manager freezing my entire computer.: Whenever I start Minecraft windows 10 edition, the service "Web account manager" starts using 70 to 100% of my cpu and completely freezes my computer. I can't do control alt delete, move around the mouse, nothing. I sometimes get lucky and can open task manager to stop the...
  10. Web Account Manager over 70+ after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Account Manager over 70+ after update: I start up Minecraft and the whole computer locked up because Web Account Manager used over 70% of the cpu, consistently use 80%, the computer locked up so badly to the point that conrtol-alt-delete wont work and have to force shut down it multiple times I even let it runs...