Windows 10: Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected

Discus and support Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was browsing on my new laptop when the screen was suddenly taken over by this web address... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by simonwicker, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected

I was browsing on my new laptop when the screen was suddenly taken over by this web address https://****ssistance.site/redeix01-fgdf564564-vbbcv46-dsf56d4f56dxv-cxc564x-dfdsfds646xcx-xds7fs8456x-xxvx564x56ds-fvxdds49874/act/edgx01/.

The following appears on the screen with a womans voice telling me that there is a serious problem with my computer and I have downloaded dangerous files. I must ring the number shown at top right and speak to a technician to get rid of it. Each time I select chrome now it appears. What is going on an dhow do I get rid of it.

Thanks for any help

Simon W

Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected aaa5df8f-4d21-4ae7-b4d3-85fb5687856f?upload=true.jpg

It

[Moderator Edit: Changed title from "Help help" | Removed part of the link to web address for safety]

:)

simonwicker, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Update Freezing Web Browsers

Hi,

There may be some browser components that do not sit well with the new updates installed on your computer. Before we can resolve the error, please answer these questions for us to understand what happens:

• Do you get any error messages when the browsers freeze?
    • Are Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge affected?
    • Does the problem occur when you access a specific site?

We suggest you delete the browser history, or completely reset the browsers that are affected.

Let us know if the suggestions fix the problem.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 16, 2019
  3. soninka Win User
    installed font affected browser

I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work.

soninka, Oct 16, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Google plans to launch its very own web-browser software in competition to Microsoft Internet Explorer called Google Chrome. The new browser according to entries at the official Google blog suggest the driving force behind the browser is to provide value-added features to its users, at the same time, help drive innovation on the web. It is claimed that the browser is tailored to give the most out of common tasks on the internet as a web-browser has become a very significant component of the connected PC.

The browser designed to be streamlined and simple for you to accomplish tasks quickly and easily by offering enhanced address-bar features and other elements that are very different from those on other browsers. The product will be open-source. Says the blog post "To most people, it isn't the browser that matters. It's only a tool to run the important stuff -- the pages, sites and applications that make up the web. Like the classic Google homepage, Google Chrome is clean and fast. It gets out of your way and gets you where you want to go."

Google released a comic book explaining its design approach towards the web-browser, it can be read here. Under the hood, Google claims the browser to have what it takes to run complex web-applications any by keeping each browser tab in its "sandbox", the probability of a web-application crash on one tab affecting other tabs is eradicated. A beta version of this browser software would be released in over 100 countries tomorrow, September the 2nd.

Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected 49a_thm.jpg

Sources: The Wall Street Journal, Official Google Blog

btarunr, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected

1. Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected - Similar Threads - Web browser keeps

2. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  3. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  4. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera

Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera: Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera? I have been using Opera since I bought my computer. Why is Windows labeling it as UNSAFE?...
  6. PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in...

PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in...: I want to be able to put a PW into my Desk Top or PC to open it up?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-trying-to-open-it-up-and-it-tells-me-to-go/e1524632-b633-4345-b750-b3fdd6e4b1b7
  7. My PC does not go directly to web browser (chrome)

My PC does not go directly to web browser (chrome): My PC does not go directly to web browser (chrome) & internet. It goes to windows diagnostics then it connectes Can it be prevented? How do I fix...
  8. FaceBook tells me to change Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FaceBook tells me to change Browser: FaceBook telling me to change Browser (Using the MSN "butterfly" link)...….Why, or how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-tells-me-to-change-browser/0ad2b96c-b85a-4fe7-af73-ee5bb9e93abf
  9. Computer nolonger recdonizes me at my favorite web sites

Computer nolonger recdonizes me at my favorite web sites: After Norton repaired a pop problem on my desktop the computer, it no longer recognizes me at my favorite web sites and I have to sign in every time also no longer can do a screen shot. How do I fix ?...
  10. Request for Assistance #2 (Web site redirects me to a 2d site)

in Browsers and Email
    Request for Assistance #2 (Web site redirects me to a 2d site): I havre beern trying to access a particular web site and receive the following error essage: "This is a temporary Parking Page for filetobox.com. To point this domain name to its actual destination, Login to your Control Panel and change the nameservers for this domain...