Windows 10: Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

Discus and support Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; went through all the step from the firefox thread adware and malware programs they found nothing only when I first open the browser it goes straight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by erinel, Nov 29, 2019.

1. erinel Win User

Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

went through all the step from the firefox thread

adware and malware programs they found nothing

only when I first open the browser it goes straight to msn and not the page I chose

set EnableActiveProbing to 0

how do I stop this from hijacking my browser

also it keeps setting itself up in CCleaner even after I delete it

so it's something MS hid

I want it removed

:)

erinel, Nov 29, 2019
  2. ghost1982 Win User

Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself randomly

I said whatever is set as my default browser firefox edge chrome etc randomly opens with no user interaction to MSN, my homepage in all of them is google, MSN never sets itself as my homepage. Why is my default browser randomly opening to MSN all by itself?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with what is set as my homepage nor which browser I am using (MSN isn't a browser who said it was). There is a registry hack that fixes the issue but I'm trying to find out which windows component is causing it as I'd rather
    not hack the registry.

ghost1982, Nov 29, 2019
  3. ghost1982 Win User

This issue occurs no matter what browser I use firefox edge chrome etc. Whatever is set as my default browser randomly opens to MSN which is not my homepage (thats google and I know how to set a homepage thats not the issue) I have never even been onto
    MSN. Please actually read the question it does help. So again what windows component is triggering whatever I use as a default browser to open to MSN with no user interaction?

ghost1982, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

You said your browser was being hijacked by MSN which isn't a browser but a web page. It's somehow set as your Home Page, probably because something like Bing was added. I told you all ways this can be removed. If you won't follow the steps then I can't
    help you.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

1. Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome - Similar Threads - Web browser keeps

2. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.: Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did...
  3. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.: Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did...
  4. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  6. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  7. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. No web browsers opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browsers opening: For the past few weeks barely any of my web browsers have been opening. When I try to open chrome, Firefox or opera, a blank windows appears for half a second and the app never opens. The only browsers that seem to be working are Vivaldi and edge. submitted by...
  9. When i type the web browser open itself?

in Cortana
    When i type the web browser open itself?: before this microsoft edge then i change web browser default to chrome and when i type it keep open new bing tab itself please help me i need to do my assignment....
  10. My chrome web browser keeps freezing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My chrome web browser keeps freezing every few seconds: Hello, my chrome browser freezes every few seconds when i type, switch tabs, etc... Im on Microsoft windows 10 Pro 10.0. 17134 If somebody can help, please help me. P.S It all started out of a sudden....