Windows 10: Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

Discus and support Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ahmad Younis2, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did not help. Please advise, Thanks-!Specs:HP ProDesk 600 G6 Desktop Mini PCx64-based PCIntelR CoreTM i5-10500T CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical ProcessorsInstalled Physical Memory RAM 16.0 GBLocal Fixed Disk 237.37 GB

:)

Ahmad Younis2, Jan 12, 2023

2. Bing Hijacked my Chrome Browser

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with Browser homepage, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which browser pops-up after the Windows startup (Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer)?
    • Which is the default web browser on your computer?

I suggest you to make Google Chrome as a default web browser also, try to edit the home page in Google Chrome and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2023
  3. Web Browser Crashing

In January this year I bought a HP Pavilion laptop pre-installed with Windows 10. When used the web browser (Chrome, Firefox) the screen will freeze at random times, mostly when there are multiple events on a page - advertising banners etc, and a hard reboot
    is required. I have updated the Adobe Flash Player but am still needing to use the power button to force the machine to close.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Peter

Peter Weedon, Jan 12, 2023
  4. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

Edge and Chrome

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

If it is the issue with Edge, then try the steps below and check if it helps.

Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

If Microsoft Edge only crashes after some time has passed, try deleting cached data and files. In Microsoft Edge, select the “” icon in the top right corner and chooseSettings.
    Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear
    and thencached data and files.

4. Reset the browser settings by going to
    Control Panel >Internet Options >
    Advanced > Reset. Then reboot Windows.

5. Check for updates for Microsoft Edge within
    Settings.

You can change the default browser to Chrome.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.

• Choose Default apps, then scroll down to Web browser.

• Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then select Chrome from the list of apps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 12, 2023
Thema:

Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

1. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times. - Similar Threads - Web browsers Edge

2. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.: Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did...
  3. Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web browsers Edge & Chrome keep crashing at random times.: Hello all, One of our clients has been having an issue with their PC, All browser windows would freeze as soon as they open them.The issue happens at random times. Browsers would work normally most of the time.At first, I thought it's a RAM issue so I added more RAM, this did...
  4. Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time: Both my browser Chrome and Edge has been crashing randomly from time to time. This started happening few months ago. Crash frequency: ~ every 10 mins... After some investigation, the **error code** is always: `ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc00000fd - A new guard page for the stack...
  5. Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time: Both my browser Chrome and Edge has been crashing randomly from time to time. This started happening few months ago. Crash frequency: ~ every 10 mins... After some investigation, the **error code** is always: `ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc00000fd - A new guard page for the stack...
  6. Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time

7. Web browsers keep randomly closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web browsers keep randomly closing.: I recently encountered this issue earlier today. Google chrome was working fine a week before. It doesn’t take to long for a web browser to close by itself. Ranging from 10 seconds to about 2 minutes. I did notice on google chrome that the browser was not closed properly,...
  8. Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome: went through all the step from the firefox thread adware and malware programs they found nothing only when I first open the browser it goes straight to msn and not the page I chose set EnableActiveProbing to 0 how do I stop this from hijacking my browser also it keeps...
  9. All web browsers keep crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All web browsers keep crashing: Hello, All my browsers (google chrome, firefox, internet explorer) keep crashing on Windows 8.1. I've disabled all add-ons, I've run a virus check and still can't seem to fix the problem. The error message I get on internet explorer is: Windows Data Execution Prevention...
  10. My Edge browser keeps crashing

My Edge browser keeps crashing: My Edge browser keeps crashing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-edge-browser-keeps-crashing/1a7c8529-12a8-48c4-a72e-cd9bebfb20e1