Windows 10: Web Browsing Content Restriction

Discus and support Web Browsing Content Restriction in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I allow all pages from a web page like Wikipedia.org. I assumed wikipedia.org or wikipedia.org* would work but that only allows access to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John Pendarvis, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Web Browsing Content Restriction

How do I allow all pages from a web page like Wikipedia.org. I assumed wikipedia.org or wikipedia.org* would work but that only allows access to wikipedia home page, not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

:)

John Pendarvis, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft content restrictions web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that even after giving permission to access a website, the website is blocked next time.

If you wish to allow certain websites, you can add them to the Always allowed list under
    Content restrictions for your sons account and this should not block the website. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Login to
      https://family.microsoft.com
      with the parent account.
    2. Now, find your child’s name, click on More options and select
      Content restrictions.
    3. Scroll down to Web Browsing, toggle the switch to on for
      Block inappropriate websites.
    4. Under Always allowed, you can type in the website link for the websites you want to allow.

For more information, you may refer the article
    Block inappropriate websites on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Similarly, you can block inappropriate apps and games that can your child can access. For more information, refer the article

Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One

You may also want to check
    Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One

I hope the information provided by me is helpful.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft content restrictions web

Hello

i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing

the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome.

what am i missing ?

thanks in advance

marymorton2, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Web Browsing Content Restriction

Removing web browsing restrictions on adult account

Are you using Family Safety to do this?

If so, go to https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Under your account, click 'Content restrictions'

Under Web browsing, toggle off 'block inappropriate websites'

Andre Da Costa, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Web Browsing Content Restriction

1. Web Browsing Content Restriction - Similar Threads - Web Browsing Content

2. Content Keeper Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Content Keeper Restrictions: I'm using a Chromebook that has CKauthenticator and I need to bypass it to get crosh and developer mode and other things like that. Please Help!
  3. web browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web browsing: hi I'm trying to access a page on explorer and soon as i sign in it says ive been redirected and it wont load it does on my phone but not on here since i updated to the new 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/web-browsing/714c760a-6b40-4be6-8475-29077043dce3
  4. Web browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web browsing: Some websites dont work on my computer at various times, Quick assist keeps trying to load, and I cant log out of my old account or add a new one. There are certain websites that I can browse no problem, but I cannot log onto my school sites or google account. When I diagnose...
  5. content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    content restrictions: Hello. I just want to know how to filter inappropriate content for all windows users, including the adults/organizers. In the family safety, the organizer can assign content restrictions to the members, but not to herself/himself. I want all the users, children/members and...
  6. Limited web browsing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limited web browsing: I just did a full factory reset on my PC, set it to erase all data. Upon setting up Windows 10 again, my connection while using Edge is EXTREMELY slow. I somehow managed to get to the Google Chrome page to download Chrome. I was able to download and install Chrome, and my...
  7. Content Restriction Subsites

Content Restriction Subsites: Is there a way to add subsites as allowed pages on Family content restrictions? For example, my kids use Study Island for school. I've added the URL for the login screen, as well as studyisland.com. They can log into the site, but none of the content will load and they...
  8. web Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    web Browsing: i am unable to open google chrome i my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing/00d1eb13-f76b-480c-98f5-70de13094678
  9. Microsoft content restrictions web

Microsoft content restrictions web: Hello i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome. what am i missing ? thanks in advance...
  10. Web browsing problems

in Browsers and Email
    Web browsing problems: Hi! Lately I'm facing serious problems accessing web pages (e.g. gmail, youtube, etc), using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The message that I'm getting back is to check the firewall and proxy. I have deactivated Windows defender & firewall and there is no proxy server...