Windows 10: Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect

Discus and support Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The timestamps shown in web browsing record are incorrect - they are probably in another timezone. I have checked that the timezone setting in the PC... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wii.chew, Mar 15, 2020.

1. wii.chew Win User

Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect

The timestamps shown in web browsing record are incorrect - they are probably in another timezone.

I have checked that the timezone setting in the PC is already set correctly.

The problem is an obvious one as I have set limits on my family member screen time to prevent access before 9am. But the web browsing record shows the family member browsed the web at 3am.

Could you please help? Thank you!

:)

wii.chew, Mar 15, 2020

2. Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Mar 15, 2020
  3. FrankZeng Win User
    Windows 10 Family Account Does Not Track Web Browsing Activities

Since a few months ago, Family Safety has been unable to monitor the web browsing activities.

Operating system is Windows 10. Tried both Edge and Internet Explorer. It is still able to track the amount of time that kids uses the browser, but just couldn't track the websites they are accessing. Screen time limitation still works, and I set a lit of
    websites that are blocked, which is also working. The only thing that doesn't work is tracking websites accessed.

InPrivate browsing is
    blocked.

Any idea of what might be going wrong?

FrankZeng, Mar 15, 2020
  4. FrankZeng Win User

Windows 10 Family Account Does Not Track Web Browsing Activities

Hi Karthicka,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did get email reports on the weekly basis and that's how I found out that the web browsing activities are not tracked.

I have removed the account under parent account and re-added the child account as you suggested, and will check again in a couple of days to see if the issue is resolved.

FrankZeng, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect - Similar Threads - Web browsing timestamp

2. web browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web browsing: hi I'm trying to access a page on explorer and soon as i sign in it says ive been redirected and it wont load it does on my phone but not on here since i updated to the new 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/web-browsing/714c760a-6b40-4be6-8475-29077043dce3
  3. Web browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web browsing: Some websites dont work on my computer at various times, Quick assist keeps trying to load, and I cant log out of my old account or add a new one. There are certain websites that I can browse no problem, but I cannot log onto my school sites or google account. When I diagnose...
  4. Family account browsing history and web search

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family account browsing history and web search: Hi On my family account I can not see my sons browsing history and we search. I can see everything for my daughter but not my son. They both seem to have exactly the same set up, boxes ticked etc. I can see my sons app history and what he has been on but no web or search...
  5. Recent Activity and Web Browsing per day

Recent Activity and Web Browsing per day: hi, I'm using windows family for quite a while now. The "recent activity and web browsing" is very usefull, but its also very limited, is there a way to see more granular breakdown ? for example - I want to see all activities browsing, applications, etc only for a...
  6. Incorrect timestamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect timestamp: In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-timestamp/5d425490-ecd4-449f-8e5d-fbb5a7bd6a36
  7. Microsoft family Web browsing always blocked problem

Microsoft family Web browsing always blocked problem: Hello, I have been using Microsoft family as parental control for a while. It has been working fine. But as kids getting older, they start to find bugs in your system. I used website control for my kids' account. I only allow some websites and checked "only allow these...
  8. Limited web browsing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limited web browsing: I just did a full factory reset on my PC, set it to erase all data. Upon setting up Windows 10 again, my connection while using Edge is EXTREMELY slow. I somehow managed to get to the Google Chrome page to download Chrome. I was able to download and install Chrome, and my...
  9. Incorrect data shown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect data shown: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/z1m9pljt3yx41.png?width=1586&format=png&auto=webp&s=3592ae06dcc2bff3b9da429e292d279fe7c605c9 i want to free up some space in computer and did a little scan. i scanned a single file and then i opened it and scanned all together. the...
  10. web Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    web Browsing: i am unable to open google chrome i my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing/00d1eb13-f76b-480c-98f5-70de13094678