Windows 10: Web Cam accessed by someone other than me...

Discus and support Web Cam accessed by someone other than me... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think my webcam was accessed by someone I didn't ok and they made video and left it on my hard drive. I found a 6 hour video of my GF and I that we... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SeanGauvin, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Web Cam accessed by someone other than me...

• I think my webcam was accessed by someone I didn't ok and they made video and left it on my hard drive. I found a 6 hour video of my GF and I that we didn't make and were being taped through my webcam after I opened it on a web cam chat site. How can I find out who did this and prevent further happenings? Also, I'd like to find out what else they've made videos of...

:)

SeanGauvin, Nov 30, 2019

2. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 30, 2019
  3. web cam

Did you buy this Web Cam new and do you still have the box for it ???

• The Box packaging would usually have the Web Cams Manufacture and Identification on it as to what it is.
    • Usually there would have been a small CD/DVD Disk with it in the box packaging containing the Drivers and Software for this particular Web Cam.

This Web Cam must have a Model Name and Number on it some where if its a external stand alone Web Cam.

Logitech have a tag on the end of the USB Cable as do many Microsoft.

The Tag has the Model and Serial Number on it but you may need a magnifying glass to read it.

Others may be on the body of the Web Cam itself.

If you find this then write it down.

Go to the Manufacturers Web Site Service and Support.

Manufacturers Service and Support usually have a field asking for the Model Name.

Enter the Model Name and search.

See what manufacturers Software and Drivers are available for it and your Operating System in downloads.

Download them and install them.

Also read the User Manual of what the Web Cams Setting do.

This is also usually supplied in the Manufactures Service and Support.

Otherwise as mentioned by Christopher Miller, you may need a small app.

• May be you already have one but turned the app off.
    • If that`s the case start the app and see if it recognizes the Web Cam.

Frank N St31n, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Web Cam accessed by someone other than me...

web cam

Hi Douglas,

To assist you better with your issue in connecting to web cam, we suggest that you update its drivers by performing the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Web Cam accessed by someone other than me...

1. Web Cam accessed by someone other than me... - Similar Threads - Web Cam accessed

2. Web cam is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web cam is not working: Hello sir/madam, This is Anand Patwa, I have Asus laptop model Vivobook 14. My web cam is not working , it is showing error " We can't find your camera". Although I had all the methods which are provided by the microsoft support but still it's not working. Please help me....
  3. built in web cam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    built in web cam: my Sony Vaio web cam does not work after Windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-web-cam/a9730f1a-1ecb-4633-a263-d3f29c92ed18
  4. Web Cam

Web Cam: I need help to install my web cam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/4e9e4870-4d6a-4747-bfce-9d164f7d7be4
  5. web cam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web cam: bought an external web camera for my dell computer running Windows 10. The computer recognizes it but it will not work on web says An Error occured when trying to get access to Camera and/or Microphone: Devices matching requirements were not found or were not accessible....
  6. Web cam not working

Web cam not working: When I Start - Camera A black camera screen appears but flashes between (it goes off too quickly to read the full error codes) "NoCameraaresareattached" - to "ActiveCmaeraUnplugged" I have checked for updated drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Makes no...
  7. web cam

web cam: I have a lenovo ideapad S340. How do I open the inbuilt camera. How can i access the camea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/ddbeb89b-29ba-4c32-8e39-7bddf2c6f0d3
  8. Which Web Cam

Which Web Cam: Which web cam do people recommend for reliable operation with Windows 10 under £50. Logitech models seem to get good reviews. 156256
  9. no camera/ web cam

in Windows 10 Customization
    no camera/ web cam: Hi All, I have been trying all day to use my camera on my lap top and no go, keeps coming up saying we cant find your camera, I have tried every thing they say to do and still wont work. So annoying....
  10. web cam light

web cam light: When I had Chrome, the webcam light came on only as needed. Chrome developed some known bugs so I am using Edge. The light is always on and I cannot find a way to set it so it only lights up as needed also. Btw, the bugs in Chrome are showing two PUPS when MBAM scans then...