Windows 10: my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone

Discus and support my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone how do i fix that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaiselkhatib, Sep 30, 2018.

1. my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone

my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone how do i fix that

:)

kaiselkhatib, Sep 30, 2018

2. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 30, 2018
  3. web cam

Hi Douglas,

To assist you better with your issue in connecting to web cam, we suggest that you update its drivers by performing the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 30, 2018
  4. my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone

Web cam not working.

Hi Maryo,

We need more information about your concern. Is this a built-in web cam or an external web cam? If it's an external web cam, we suggest that you try and use other ports and see if it helps. You can also try to download the web cam driver through the manufacturer's
    website.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone

1. my webcam on my alienware laptop shuts off and on when im skyping someone - Similar Threads - webcam alienware laptop

2. everytime i unplug my laptop it just shuts off someone help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i unplug my laptop it just shuts off someone help: Idk what to do it just keeps on crashing and idk what to do why is my laptop shutting down when i unplug it can someone please explain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-unplug-my-laptop-it-just-shuts-off/537c1972-031c-4395-b9f6-f0550c91ce59
  3. everytime i unplug my laptop it just shuts off someone help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    everytime i unplug my laptop it just shuts off someone help: Idk what to do it just keeps on crashing and idk what to do why is my laptop shutting down when i unplug it can someone please explain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-unplug-my-laptop-it-just-shuts-off/537c1972-031c-4395-b9f6-f0550c91ce59
  4. My Laptop shuts off automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop shuts off automatically...: Sometimes while working, my laptop freezes for a second and then scree turns off and laptop turns off... Then i have to press power button to open it again....
  5. My Laptop shuts off automatically...

My Laptop shuts off automatically...: Sometimes while working, my laptop freezes for a second and then scree turns off and laptop turns off... Then i have to press power button to open it again....
  6. Webcam causing laptop to “run into a problem” and shut off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam causing laptop to “run into a problem” and shut off: Hello. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T540p laptop and this issue is fairly new. I can’t place when the issue began but now, any time I run either the camera application or an application feature that uses the camera, it immediately blue screens and says that my laptop has run into...
  7. MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN: so I have tried a couple of things to try and remedy this situation, even uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them and it still shuts off when I plug it in. also when the drivers were uninstalled the problem was resolved, but as soon as they finished installing...
  8. My laptop shut off when I unplugg it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shut off when I unplugg it: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop, the battery shows it is fully charged but whenever I unplug it shuts off and it won't turn on until I plug it again. Sometimes it does turn on for a while but after some time it shuts off again....
  9. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  10. skype webcam

skype webcam: i have just downloaded the skype app from the store. i go to options in the app and under camera there is nothing to select how can i fix this i have gone to pc settings-privacy-webcam-and allowed skype to use the cam 4305